U2's AMA and Justin Timberlake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharky

New Yorker
Got this from U2NYC. At least we got the boys the Internet Artist of the Year which is really a total fan voted award as opposed to the weird way they award most of the American Music Awards.

*U2 earned one of two possible awards at the American Music Awards
Wednesday night (Jan. 9) when they were named "Internet Artist of the Year."
They were also nominated in the "Best Pop/Rock Group" but lost that to
N*Sync, prompting N*Sync's Justin Timberlake to tell the booing crowd "Oh,
quit booing - U2 are going to win some Grammies."

I didn't hear about that. When I got home last night my little sister (18) was watching the AMA's, and she said "Hey, my boys kicked your boys butt". That just made me sad that a)my sister likes nsync, and that b)other people do too.

------------------
Official Dog-Walker of the ScottPhisto Society

I don't mean to be arrogant, but ...I do feel that we are meant to be one of the great groups. - Bono, Rolling Stone, 1981

Yes, I saw that, it was freakin hilarious!!

Justin is SUCH a loser!!! Bono could beat the crap out of him with both hands tied behind his back.

Bye Bye Bye!!!

Originally posted by Sicy:

Bye Bye Bye!!!

lol!

but I'd like to see Larry go at him.... just tell Larry Justin took his drums... that'd be a funny scene.

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

U2 Take Me Higher

MPS: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

I realy don't know why do you think that that guy from n'sync is a loser, and what would you expect him to do?
I think that he managed realy great and funy. I hate their music, but I have to respect his reaction in front of a big crowd. What in the hell did you expect him to do - to walk away saying: "You are right we suck and we deserve to be booed!!"
If bono did something like that you would all be saying "man, bono rocked out there, he doesen't care what they think, he is soooo cool...".
this guy at least has some selfrespect
get over yourselves, why do you care so much about what n'sync guys are doing. My god you even know their names by heart...

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous
they wait for their turn to meet me..." - Me, 2001.

Originally posted by Marko:
this guy at least has some selfrespect
get over yourselves, why do you care so much about what n'sync guys are doing. My god you even know their names by heart...

that is a good point marko and to some extent i agree with you. i actually thought it was kinda clever what timberlake said.
but if that is your belief why are you constantly worrying about U2's public image and reminding us how important it is whether the press sees bono's flag clutching as sincere or not?

------------------
i was born for your magazine
i am trapped in the society page of your magazine

Originally posted by kobayashi:
that is a good point marko and to some extent i agree with you. i actually thought it was kinda clever what timberlake said.
but if that is your belief why are you constantly worrying about U2's public image and reminding us how important it is whether the press sees bono's flag clutching as sincere or not?

Becouse I'm a U2 fan and I care (I know I shouldn't but I do) about the way they present themselves to public, AND I thought that the flag stunt was only that - a stunt.
On the other hand I'm not a n'sync fan so I don't care about the way they are seen by the public, I have no respect for their music, but why should I "hate" them as people? What this guy said was funy and clever - he managed to get out of difficult situation, and that I respect.

------------------
"Everyone loves me

I know I shouldn't
alright then that's solved
oh no wait it's not.

you must be so torn
smile.gif

------------------
i was born for your magazine
i am trapped in the society page of your magazine

Hey I saw it too, and I think Justin is a cool guy for saying that. I'm sure he really respects U2, btw. At least he knows U2 is better but too bad N Sync as a whole don't know just How Much their music sucks.

4a

Originally posted by foray:
Hey I saw it too, and I think Justin is a cool guy for saying that. I'm sure he really respects U2, btw.

I think Justin repsects U2 too. I don't know which other groups were up for the award, but if any other band had won, I doubt that they would have acknowledged that maybe U2 should have won the award. And remember at the MTV awards when NSync won an award over U2 for video of the year?? Justin said "U2 was robbed." I think that kid has mad respect for U2.

Well said, Marko.

------------------
"The Edge is a great singer. Let's get the Edge up here." - Bono, 9/23/97, Sarajevo

"Brian Eno. Edge." - Bono, 09/12/95, Modena

"Edge." - Bono, 05/01/2001, Minneapolis

"You made my day, now you have to sleep in it." - TMBG

Originally posted by Spiral_Staircase:
Well said, Marko.

Thanx

Salome: you never care, so that's something that you don't have to point out

------------------
"Everyone loves me

Salome: you never care, so that's something that you don't have to point out
1. not true
2. I don't care what you think of me

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

What this guy said was funny and clever - he managed to get out of difficult situation, and that I respect.

I have to agree with you! I didn't see it, but from what I hear I think it was classy of him.

I have yet to find a post by Marko that is not negative.

I think he acted like a sucker. A bitter, poor spoiled sport. Why did he have to mention U2 anyway??? What made him think the crowd was booing because of that? Although I know they were.

Whatever!!!

I have yet to find a post by Marko that is not negative.

I think he acted like a sucker. A bitter, poor spoiled sport. Why did he have to mention U2 anyway??? What made him think the crowd was booing because of that? Although I know they were.

Whatever!!!

If you know, than I think thatit's posible that he knew it too...
My posts here are not negative, they are positive - I said only positive things about what n'sync guy did...

Salome - I'm sory, i tried to make a joke, but I failed miserably... you know that I love your smiley and your cynic posts...
smile.gif

------------------
"Everyone loves me

If you know, than I think thatit's posible that he knew it too...
My posts here are not negative, they are positive - I said only positive things about what n'sync guy did...

I don't think sicy was referring to what you said, but how you said it. Just an observation.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

I can't believe that I spent my 300-th post on a n'sync thread, so I will make a merry post!!!

Just yesterday I got the information that U2 is coming to play Zagreb, Croatia - my hometown - in August. Probably august 15th.
It's still a roumor, but a roumor from a very reliable source - the same tour operator for the Croatian teritory that organised depesh mode gig three months ago...
I still don't want to believe it completely, but when I heard today that on august 12th they are playing Viena (which is only 4 hr drive by car from Zagreb) - I started to believe it more and more...

It's a dream come true
smile.gif

------------------
"Everyone loves me

I can't believe that I spent my 300-th post on a n'sync thread, so I will make a merry post!!!

Just yesterday I got the information that U2 is coming to play Zagreb, Croatia - my hometown - in August. Probably august 15th.
It's still a roumor, but a roumor from a very reliable source - the same tour operator for the Croatian teritory that organised depesh mode gig three months ago...
I still don't want to believe it completely, but when I heard today that on august 12th they are playing Viena (which is only 4 hr drive by car from Zagreb) - I started to believe it more and more...

It's a dream come true
smile.gif

That would be so awesome! Even if they don't play in your hometown...if they would at least play somewhere near enough for you to go to.
smile.gif
Everyone deserves the chance to be elevated.
biggrin.gif

p.s. happy 300th+ posts
wink.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
That would be so awesome! Even if they don't play in your hometown...if they would at least play somewhere near enough for you to go to.
smile.gif
Everyone deserves the chance to be elevated.
biggrin.gif

p.s. happy 300th+ posts
wink.gif

Thank you ver much
and my birthday is coming in some 20 days, so if anyone want's to buy me something extreemly expensive I'll give him my home adress...

------------------
"Everyone loves me

Yes, I saw that, it was freakin hilarious!!

Justin is SUCH a loser!!! Bono could beat the crap out of him with both hands tied behind his back.

Bye Bye Bye!!!

Agreed, remember Bono's secret weapon is his headbut (GQ article).

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Originally posted by Ava Adore:
I am sooooo bored. We need a new album or something.
I vote for "or something"
preferably something that has to do with fishing

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by U2girl:

b) Would you rather see him say "Quit booing, U2 suck, we deserved to win"?!?

Actually, yes, I would have loved for him to have said that. More reason to want to kick his puny ass....

I love OASIS, and one of the things I love about OASIS is their "fuck you we're better than you" attitude.

What'shisfacensyncboy's reaction was pathetic. It comes across as whiney and spoiled, like they fucking deserve the award or something. How can these guys have a straight face and call themselves musicians. They're fucking frauds, and I'm tired of crap music getting the nod. It's just not fucking right
mad.gif

*phew*

I'm done
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Salome:
I vote for "or something"
preferably something that has to do with fishing

Yader! It's time to go ice-fishing!

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

[This message has been edited by mikal (edited 01-10-2002).]

IJust yesterday I got the information that U2 is coming to play Zagreb, Croatia - my hometown - in August. Probably august 15th.
It's still a roumor, but a roumor from a very reliable source -

I was actually planning on getting to Europe around the 15th! I'd love, love to see a show in Zagreb.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom