U2rate 1.0 released!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArthDent

The Fly
I finally finished it and it is available at: *link removed by Bonochick*

U2rate is a freeware program made by a U2 fan for other U2 fans.

Ever wonder what U2 album you really like the most? Do you sit down with pen and paper and rate U2 songs? Well it's time to get serious about it with U2rate.

Rate any of the 11 main U2 albums songs on a scale of 1-10, and see how they compare against each other. You may adjust each individual song separately at any time, which will alter the average of the album it's on. Everything is done automatically and scores are kept track of when you exit the program.

Try it out now and spread the word. :rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:
Canadiens1160 said:
Or use an .xls spreadsheet?

Yeah that sounds fun..

The whole point about it is making it easier and more fun to rate songs without all the setup.

You'd take a while to type in 11 albums worth of songs and set up the average math. Then try to put some animated graphics in there and sound :)

Anyway give it a try..

hey that was good fun, thanks for putting in all that hard work!!!

i knew my favorite and least favorite, but i didnt realise that JT was actually my 2nd fav.

only problem is it didnt automatically save my answers as i thought it would :(

but still, great program!:wink:

It saved all of mine like it should.

The only problem I had was that for Achtung and Pop, the 'next' button disappeared at the bottom of the screen and I could only just click it. Oh, and there's no way back from the FAQ! I had to exit the program.

Thanks for the feedback!

Regarding the "disappearing" buttons..

This has probably to do with the screen resolution. I did not have any scrolling function if the window got larger than the viewing area. If you try resetting the resolution for a while it should be there. I guess I thought most screens are big enough for this nowadays.

Regarding the keeping track of ratings.
It does save the the ratings but I guess if you have some sort of restriction on your system, not allowing the program to write to the txt files keeping the scores in them, you will not be able to save them.

You may try checking if your folder is "read only" for example, or log in as admin.

Album ratings according to the program:

1. Rattle & Hum - 8.67
2. Zooropa - 8.60
3. Pop - 8.50
4. Joshua Tree - 8.45
5. Achtung Baby - 8.33
6. Boy - 7.82
7. War - 7.80
8. ATYCLB - 7.55
9. October - 7.36
10. HTDAAB - 7.09
11. Unforgettable Fire - 7.00

R&H should be MUCH lower, HTDAAB and War should be MUCH higher, Joshua Tree should be tied with Zooropa at the top, and Boy is definitely better than a 7.8, but hey, that's how strict numerical ratings are. :wink:

This looks great, but I think I have to put it off until spring break or something. I do think, based on LemonMelon's comments, that albums should have some "intangibles" rating that counts as 1 more song, and you can give that 1-10 as well.

I think my album ratings are going to come out pretty low. I'm planning on utilizing the full spectrum for U2 songs, not for songs in general, so I've got more detail comparing them to each other. Though there are a few 1s that make everything else at least a 5...

Is it possible, in the next update, for there to be an option where we can see what our favorite and least favorite songs are in order, based on the rating? I think that would be pretty helpful for those top 10 U2 song threads that pop up every now and again.

Thanks, I enjoy this program. I think it would be more accurate though, if there were a point system in play, by which I mean 7.1, 7.2 for a song as opposed to just a 7. Also, the fact that I consider Fast Cars to be an HTDAAB album-track and that I also consider R&H as 16 tracks are probably likely culprits as to why this program differs to what I have on paper. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining though; this is a great idea and the program works great. I can't wait to find out where the new album ranks amongst the rest.

Thanks, great program. Didn't realise how much I disliked HTDAAB! I would love possible future versions to include B-sides though, as many of my all time favourites are not on studio albums. But otherwise, its great.

1/2/3 - Boy/October/War - 10,00
4 - AB - 9,75
5 - POP - 9,50
6 - Zooropa - 7,90
7 - The Joshua Tree - 7,09
8 - The Unforgettable Fire - 6,40
9 - HTDAAB - 6,00
10 - R&H - 4,22
11 - ATYCLB - 1,27

:rockon:

Sorry to be a wet blanket, especially when people are enjoying it, but this violates our rules:

http://forum.interference.com/misc.php?s=&action=faq&page=5#31

"Any posts or threads advertising your forum or website are unacceptable and considered spam, and will be deleted. A small text link to your personal website in your signature is acceptable."

Just trying to be fair. You can check with Elvis (elvis @ interference.com) to see if he'd be willing to make an exception. I hope you don't take offense, I am not trying to be mean, but I have closed other threads where people have advertised their sites (even U2-related ones), so I am just trying to be consistent.

I know that you aren't a premium member, so you can't have a signature, but feel free to utilize the journal function here to discuss your program!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom