u2place.com reports the whole band is in Eze - new songs heard?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:

"Communication"

Yeah, I didn't agree with that either. Waste of a CD, I think. But since it was along the lines of the stuff Propaganda used to release (only incredibly incredibly sub-par) I didn't get myself too worked up about it. Releasing a few new songs and expecting you to fork over 40 bucks just to hear them would be greedy.

An iTunes EP would suck almost as much as a fanclub-only one would. I'm still peeved U2 didn't use the iTunes "unreleased" tracks as b-sides, so that we can get them in a better, non-lossy format.

Irvine511 said:
^ agreed.

i really, really want a bunch of those tracks, but i will not pay $150 for them.

You don't have to pay $150 for them. I got them for free by using right click and Save Target As... :whistle:

(But I don't feel guilty, since having dial-up internet and an old, non-Apple computer would hinder a legal download.)

I agree that it would have been better if the songs that were meant to be B-sides would have been released as actual B-sides or on a CD by themselves. I would have bought it. :sad:

So I guess the question would be: can more reliable sources confirm this album recording activity? It would make me feel a lot better if our only source wasn't a shady English translation of some random French newspaper report.

U2dork said:
beach clips... :drool:

Does this mean I need to start firing up the ol' freetranslation.com site and become obsessive about checking sites written in languages I can't read? :hyper:

:yes:

I wasn't around for beach clips '04. Looking forward to '06

icon_beachball.gif

beach clips! :drool: this is awesome. I hope we get some soon. Beach clips are the best part of being a U2 fan. Beach clips and barely discernable 15 second snippets of songs :drool:

if you were a fan who had these clips, would you leak them, or would you make money off of it (you could easily)...?

Rachel D. said:

You don't have to pay $150 for them. I got them for free by using right click and Save Target As... :whistle:

what did you right click on to make save target come up?

And what are the ethics of beach clips, anyway?

Isn't this material that the band owns and has the rights to distribute, meaning it's illegal to record and post?

Or are they fair game because if the band wanted real privacy, they'd practice and record somewhere more secure?

phillyfan26 said:
if you were a fan who had these clips, would you leak them, or would you make money off of it (you could easily)...?

i'd leak them. or i might keep them to myself for awhile, make mysterious posts, and then leak them :wink:

bono wearing a speedo :drool:

wait this isn't PLEBA...

silvrlvr said:
And what are the ethics of beach clips, anyway?

Isn't this material that the band owns and has the rights to distribute, meaning it's illegal to record and post?

Or are they fair game because if the band wanted real privacy, they'd practice and record somewhere more secure?

publicity. the band doesn't even have to pay for it! :hmm:

Edgette said:
Beach clips :drool:

I still have them saved on my old PC.
They're on my iPod. :happy:

But anywho... I'd rather not get an iTunes only thing. Me and iTunes don't get along too well, and even though I think its nice that people can now legally download music, I love getting the disc and the sleeve and all that goodness. Oh, and the smell. You can't beat that new CD smell. :drool:

Meghan said:

I'd rather not get an iTunes only thing. Me and iTunes don't get along too well, and even though I think its nice that people can now legally download music, I love getting the disc and the sleeve and all that goodness. Oh, and the smell. You can't beat that new CD smell. :drool:

:yes:

If gonna buy music, I like to have something tangible.

Meghan said:

They're on my iPod. :happy:

But anywho... I'd rather not get an iTunes only thing. Me and iTunes don't get along too well, and even though I think its nice that people can now legally download music, I love getting the disc and the sleeve and all that goodness. Oh, and the smell. You can't beat that new CD smell. :drool:

And as u2 have started adding books to their cds..you just cant download that!!

Meghan said:
I'd rather not get an iTunes only thing. Me and iTunes don't get along too well, and even though I think its nice that people can now legally download music, I love getting the disc and the sleeve and all that goodness. Oh, and the smell. You can't beat that new CD smell. :drool:

Plus if you live in a country where there's no iTunes, or if you have an mp3 player that's not iTunes compatible, etc, it'd be a pain in the backside - i.e. I'd find it a pain in the backside. (And yes, I could get them somehow and convert them to mp3, etc, but surely that's not the point of a U2 release).

Monopolies are not a good thing, so I wouldn't like to see them play into one until we get a standard download format.

Back
Top Bottom