U2girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
From another pathetic thread, quoting U2girl:

"ps: oh and...threats don't work with me. if you do things, so will i."

I don't care about any argument between yourself and any member of this forum. You can even dispute things with myself, Bubba, or any of the mods.

But... and i do mean BUT...

YOU WILL NOT THREATEN ANY MOD ON MY BOARD.

I don't give a rats ass what they did to provoke you - which is most likely stemmed from something either I asked them to do, or they were doing in the role of being a mod.

I was the one who changed your status, and as it was a joke then, I see it's much deserved now.

If I see more of this behavior, abuse, and cross-posting bullshit, consider this your warning.

I don't have time to be dealing with this crap while im at work.

------------------
-Elvis
http://interference.com

that was a tad harsh

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 10-05-2001).]

Interesting!

Maybe this is the (not so) quiet word in the ear that I mentioned on the status thread.

PS Love you TTUW!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by bullet the blue sky (edited 10-05-2001).]

Well, I must say, even though I'm not happy with my status, it's not something to lose your head over! It's not like I'm gonna be scarred for life!

Elvis, I hope you know my thread was more of a joke than anything.

To even think about threatening somebody at a fan forum is ridiculous. I did not actually see u2girl's post so I am not in a position to judge her.

But this is a U2 fan forum. For God's sake, just have fun. Nothing is a matter of life or death here!

------------------
Macphisto worships me!

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
Except all those threads about war!
wink.gif

LOL! Thank goodness those are done with!

------------------
Macphisto worships me!

Originally posted by Elvis:

Elvis,
Can we see the context of this quote by U2girl? A link to the "pathetic thread" you are referring to?

Originally posted by z edge:
C'mon guys, i'm sure she gets the point. Let it be now
cool.gif

No! I must know all!!!!!!!!

------------------
Macphisto worships me!

This is funny. Keep it up kids. Love & Peace
smile.gif

~Zoo~

------------------
" They had the Vision, but we had the Television " - The Edge

" The greatest lesson you'll ever learn - is to love, and be loved in return" - David Bowie

"Hey John Lennon ! We don't need your help." - Bono

i dont know what your trying to get at bama, but i really think we only helped to expose her.

she scares me, more than anyone else here. except for me ofcourse.

i agree with elvis.

------------------
-deathbear

grace wrote:

Elvis, Can we see the context of this quote by U2girl? A link to the "pathetic thread" you are referring to?

That was the reasoning behind my confusion...

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 10-06-2001).]

I don't care about any argument between yourself and any member of this forum. You can even dispute things with myself, Bubba, or any of the mods.

But... and i do mean BUT...

YOU WILL NOT THREATEN ANY MOD ON MY BOARD.

I don't give a rats ass what they did to provoke you - which is most likely stemmed from something either I asked them to do, or they were doing in the role of being a mod.

I was the one who changed your status, and as it was a joke then, I see it's much deserved now.

If I see more of this behavior, abuse, and cross-posting bullshit, consider this your warning.

I don't have time to be dealing with this crap while im at work.

did you see what one of the mods (Sicilian Goddess) said? if you want to be fair, why not tell what she said too? why not let people have a look at what was said-by making a link to that thread, instead of just deleting it?

you don't think "stop warning people how to change status or i'll see to it you get back to Most closed threads status" (that is what she said) is a threat? aren't mods supposed to be helpful, and nice? after all, this came from the one mod that specifically announced "i really want to work well with everyone".
and i don't think i can compare with a mod as far as power goes. all i can do is write, she can edit my posts, delete them, ban me along with other mods...
all i meant was i'd tell people what she said-should my status get back to Most closed threads. now i gotta do it anyway because of this post. and, technically, her threat came first. i just replied.

i don't think i have anything to say to a person who not only threatened me, but also put me in embarassement (and asked a question no one would ever ask me, even in real life), picked on me numeruous times, made fun of me etc...and if you read the thread in question, i should tell you the last part (the "it amazes me" part...) of it was meant for other critics, not just her. she was just a tip of the ice berg.

(have to quote what she said by heart, since the thread that included the whole debate was deleted. i explained the reasons why i wrote how to try and change status in that thread and in "Elvis" thread by mikal.
i thought mikal and bullet the blue sky were unhappy with their status-from what they wrote. and i said that, of course, none of what i wrote about how to change status matters if they were indeed happy with the status and were joking. Sicilian Goddess, as i'm sure you read, went ballistic in both threads.)

i said before and i'll say it again-thanks for changing my status. i believe i explained in details why i wasn't happy with the original status you gave me. or, in other words, why it wasn't funny to me.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-06-2001).]

thanks for the compliments.

and, what do you suppose a "consider this your warning" is? that (or what Sicilian Goddess wrote) is way harsher than what i said, don't you think?

ps: to be honest, i do believe the "missing" thread (and some others of my threads too-the angry ones) got way too much posts as it is already.
and i'm probably the last person who should talk, but how come you didn't write this in that thread?
now this thing will continue to drag on...

Originally posted by U2girl:
thanks for the compliments.

and, what do you suppose a "consider this your warning" is? that (or what Sicilian Goddess wrote) is way harsher than what i said, don't you think?

I would think it is, but we'll never know now will we? Bad form, Elvis...

I think this sets a dangerous precedent, does this mean that Mods can now do whatever they want to regular users who have no recourse or means to respond? I think thats dangerous...particularly as we all know how power corrupts.

-----------------
Drama cannot occur without Soap...

Originally posted by z edge:
C'mon guys, i'm sure she gets the point. Let it be now
cool.gif

what point is there? i sure don't see any point except: don't dare to oppose the mods in any way.

and by the way: why not let me and the mod in question settle this between ourselves? how come you, Elvis, had to intervene?

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
?

he meant "members" as in us who post only, whereas mods are obviously a different matter.

thank you Paul for the support. and Nancy, for the support in the deleted thread.

Originally posted by U2girl:
aren't mods supposed to be helpful, and nice?
no
they are supposed to make sure this forum functions the best it can

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

U2girl,
You are really annoying. If the people here are really getting to you, why don't you just leave and never return? Clearly, you don't have any sense of humor whatsoever.
You've always been out of control. Your posts/ramblings have always bordered on the nonsensical. This forum is supposed to be fun. You seem to have lost sight of that.

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom