U23D Vs. Rattle N Hum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
So sportsfans, what do you think?

On any level ie performances, etc, which do you think is better, U23D or RnH?

I can't add a poll, so if someone else wants to and then merge the two threads, that's cool too....I won't vote till I see a poll ;)

Its so very different and each were supposed to have the exact effect they went for.

R & H - IMO was beautiful because of the black and white film especially the concert footage. Best I ever heard Exit. The performances to me reiterated why you became a fan. It gave a good look into their interest of the blues and their respect for a different kind of music.

3D - They wanted you their and you were on more levels than one. I've been right next to Bono a couple of times and very close in concert too, but some of the footage had you on the stage or in the first row. A totally new concept of the way future movies will be made. In the 80's they were ahead of themselves with their music. Once again they have proven they are ahead in not only with music but with technology.

It's too hard to compare these 2 movies... apples and oranges, I wouldn't trade back either one now.

JT U2 = :drool: = Vertigo U2 = :drool:

:shrug:

yeah you cant compare them theyre too different.
like U23D I love how bono was like two inches away from me
but i loved rattle and hum how there were interviews and it wasnt just a straight up concert. plus it was funny!

can't compare...although I think both films were the perfect projects at the perfect time for not only the fans but also the band...

If we're going on purely the excitement factor, I have to say I was more excited to see U2 3D than I was to sit down and watch R & H...but that is kind of obvious and to be expected right? I mean, one I sit in a computer chair at my house, and the other I go to a 70 foot tall IMAX screen and what a concert in perfect 3 D....not to mention seeing it with other U2 fans...but both were great experiences!

I can't say which movie is better, but my pulse was racing and my breath was taken away during U23D in a way that would never happen during Rattle and Hum.

I disagree that the two can't be compared, as long as we keep the comparison in context and specific.

I can certainly see a comparison on the basis of performance, for one. My opinion is that the basic performances on Rattle N Hum are better than on U23D.

On the technological front, U23D wins. But is that because it's just that much better or because we've already seen groundbreaking visuals from U2 and so have come to expect something revolutionary, on which point U23D excels? Honestly, if we ask the question what else could they have done to top the visuals / sensory attack of the last 4 tours, the most obvious answer might be "some sort of interactive thing where the band jumps right out at you and/or you are immersed into the show"...which is what they gave us, right?

bonocomet said:
It's too hard to compare these 2 movies... apples and oranges, I wouldn't trade back either one now.

:shrug:

I have to agree. You cannot compare the two movies. I saw U23D over the weekend and it was amazing!!

Everyone must see it!

Back
Top Bottom