U23D trailer with I Am Legend IMAX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dronomophone

The Fly
Hey guys. Maybe someone's posted this already, but i didn't see it. I went to the imax thursday night to see I Am Legend and they had a trailer for U23D. I think i was the only one excited there. It looked amazing on the big screen. Looks like it will be playing in regular 3D theaters and IMAX 3D, which i didn't realize. It looked similar to the trailer we saw a couple months ago if i remember right.

Was 'I Am Legend' also 3D....i.e., did you get to see the trailer in 3D?

I had emailed our local theater that has the Hannah Montana 3D movie listed but didn't have U23D listed. I received a response today and it said "even though it's not scheduled yet they are planning on showing it in all their 3D capable theaters.":hyper:
I'm giving my granddaughter's tickets to the Hannah showing, maybe they'll show the trailer during. I sure hope so.

Hey dronomophone, How was I am Legend??

hi everyone. i saw I Am Legend on opening day at an IMAX north of boston and before the movie there was no trailer for u23d. also, when i asked the manager if they'd be carrying u23d they said that they weren't certain because they already had another contract to show a different new release at the same time (some movie about a spider (?) or something...). anyway, looks like not all imax theaters will carrying the movie...

hmm thats weird that they didnt have it at your imax. I saw it at the Lincoln Square IMAX in NYC. No, the trailer wasn't in 3D. These are the trailers i saw before I Am Legend:

U23D (maybe same trailer i saw couple months ago?)
Rolling Stones Beacon Theater movie (same trailer i saw couple months ago)
Spiderwick Chronicles
Prologue for the Dark Knight (very cool)

sue4u2- I Am Legend wasn't bad. I enjoyed myself. Main reasons were a) it was imax b) i got to see them film at several different locations in nyc c)i was pretty much an extra at the brooklyn bridge scene. Also, i'm studying to be sound designer and the sound was pretty awesome. A lot of people who read the book, hated the movie by the way. Don't expect it to be an amazing piece of cinema. Its stupid but fun.

man they didn't have a preview for U2 3D when I saw it...I only saw I Am Legend for the Dark Knight prolouge though :drool: :drool: so badass

dronomophone said:
hmm thats weird that they didnt have it at your imax. I saw it at the Lincoln Square IMAX in NYC.

There is both an IMAX theater and 3D capable theaters here.
IMAX theater won't be showing it because it's not 3D capable.
Another theater here is carrying it on their 3D capable screens.

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to get
advanced tickets. :drool:

oh interesting. thats weird that they would promote it in imax but not show it there because its not 3D capable.

Back
Top Bottom