U23D to be released on Blu-Ray - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-31-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
Refugee
 
jesseu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 1,984
Local Time: 10:06 PM
U23D to be released on Blu-Ray

A friend of mine told me that he heard from a source at universal that the U23D movie will be released on Blu-Ray with the 3D glasses sometime in the future. Not sure about standard dvd but this sounds cool to me. I have been buying blu-ray discs and look forward to this if it happens. U23D is meant to be on blu-ray so it kind of makes sense.
__________________

__________________
jesseu2 is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,970
Local Time: 06:06 PM
It wouldn't be as good as the theatre experience or even come near it, but it could be a solid replacement.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
 
last unicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: lost in poetry
Posts: 19,446
Local Time: 03:06 AM
I cannot imagine seing U23D on anything else than an IMAX screen.
__________________
last unicorn is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 02:55 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 10:06 PM
Well, hey! Now I can actually see it.
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Rosebud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: in the enchanted forest of dreams and wonderment...or else at my computer.
Posts: 7,213
Local Time: 07:06 PM
Coolness! Of course any concert film would be better on the big screen (as for IMAX, there are no words ), but I'm just glad we get the chance to see it again!
__________________
Rosebud is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 04:31 PM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,216
Local Time: 06:06 PM
With that crap setlist it sure won't be worth it.

If they use a full concert, then maybe.
__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 04:58 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
last unicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: lost in poetry
Posts: 19,446
Local Time: 03:06 AM
The setlist was perfect for the big screen.

I don't see why they should release it on DVD. It would lose most of its magic.
__________________
last unicorn is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
Refugee
 
kingofsorrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: C.E.O. of the international men of leisure
Posts: 2,177
Local Time: 09:06 PM
screw the visuals. i'm interested in the audio portion of the vid.
__________________
kingofsorrow is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 05:15 PM   #9
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,970
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
I don't see why they should release it on DVD. It would lose most of its magic.
Maybe because some of us (ME, for instance) were never able to see the film because taking a road trip to see a movie wasn't particularly feasible?
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 05:28 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
popacrobat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: this house
Posts: 9,780
Local Time: 09:06 PM
I don't see how it would lose it's magic. The 'magic' was there when you saw it on the big screen. Not everybody had an imax theater available, so it's perfect for people that at least wanted to see the film or hear the audio. is it the same? no, but it's a nice consolation.
__________________
popacrobat is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 05:34 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Maybe because some of us (ME, for instance) were never able to see the film because taking a road trip to see a movie wasn't particularly feasible?
Exactly! It's not MY fault that there's not a single IMAX theatre on this damn island. I wasn't exactly going to sit on a ferry for several hours just to see Adam's bass neck in 3D...but I would still like to see the movie.
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 05:42 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life
 
david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: southern california
Posts: 10,206
Local Time: 06:06 PM
It'll look good on my widescreen HD LCD tv.
__________________
david is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 06:03 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
 
last unicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: lost in poetry
Posts: 19,446
Local Time: 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
Exactly! It's not MY fault that there's not a single IMAX theatre on this damn island. I wasn't exactly going to sit on a ferry for several hours just to see Adam's bass neck in 3D...but I would still like to see the movie.
I had to fly to Berlin to watch it in an IMAX because there is none in my city.



Anyway, I understand your argument, because seeing it on DVD is better than not seeing it at all. Still, it's hard to imagine NOT seeing the film on 3D on the large screen, because it would be "just" an ordinary concert. The effects are, IMO, made for a big screen.
__________________
last unicorn is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 07:42 PM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,216
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
The setlist was perfect for the big screen.

I don't see why they should release it on DVD. It would lose most of its magic.
I understand that this film was made for casual or non-fans, and that they couldn't subject people to 3-D for the length of a full concert.

But considering most people buying the DVD will be more into the band, you think they would sweeten the pot. Not to mention that a 70 minute DVD might seem a bit on the skimpy side.

Of course it would depend on how many filmed songs were actually processed with the technology, and animated visuals, but my guess is that they originally had a longer running time and decided to trim the "fat" at some point in the editing process.
__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 07:58 PM   #15
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,372
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
I don't see why they should release it on DVD.
$$$$$$$
__________________

__________________
martha is offline  
 

Tags
blu-ray, u23d

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com