U23D premiere with the band, next remaster in May ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Says atu2.com :

The buzz in Park City, Utah, is that some or all of U2 will show up when U2 3D premieres at the Sundance Film Festival next weekend.
@U2 reader Michael P. tells us that the February issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly mentions that one of the upcoming versions of the super-hot video game, Guitar Hero, "may star a group that rocks in mysterious ways." Hmmmm. Wonder who that could be?
Look for more re-issued and remastered U2 albums as early as May. (Hint: What early U2 live album celebrates a 25th anniversary of sorts in June of this year?)

:hmm:

U2girl said:
Says atu2.com :

Look for more re-issued and remastered U2 albums as early as May. (Hint: What early U2 live album celebrates a 25th anniversary of sorts in June of this year?)

??? :scratch:

Don't you mean "what early U2 album celebrates a 25th anniversary this year"?

41W34W8DQ1L._SS500_.jpg

:drool: :drool:

Re: Re: U23D premiere with the band, next remaster in May ?

FitzChivalry said:
??? :scratch:

Don't you mean "what early U2 album celebrates a 25th anniversary this year"?

Well, May is closer to the 5 June 1983 recording date of UABRS than to the March release of an album recorded in 1982 ...

U2girl said:
:shrug: I don't know, that's what the site says. Early LIVE album.

Ahhh, my bad. I'm a reject and read that whole article/snippet wrong. Sorry. :reject:

:wink:

Axver said:

Well, May is closer to the 5 June 1983 recording date of UABRS than to the March release of an album recorded in 1982 ...

Well, yeah, recorded in 1982, but released in February 1983 . . . which would make this year its 25th Anniversary. Regardless, I missed the context of the word "live" in U2girl's post, so, yeah, Under A Blood Red Sky would make more sense.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
now a remastered under a blood red sky w/ accompanying DVD would certainly be something that i could get excited about... especially if it's the full red rocks show.

:hmm: I didn't think of that.

Do you think they will try to merge the 1983-ish releases or will there be a separate release for War, Red Rocks and Under a blood red sky ?

U2girl said:
Says atu2.com :

The buzz in Park City, Utah, is that some or all of U2 will show up when U2 3D premieres at the Sundance Film Festival next weekend.
@U2 reader Michael P. tells us that the February issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly mentions that one of the upcoming versions of the super-hot video game, Guitar Hero, "may star a group that rocks in mysterious ways." Hmmmm. Wonder who that could be?

I was wondering this myself, thinking they would show up! Bono was there last year remember, so this wouldn't be so far-fetched.

I'm headed to Sundance and don't think they will play at the premier itself, but I would not be surprised if they showed up informally at some of the musical events scheduled over the first weekend of the festival...

that they show up is just sure -
but I doubt that they will play live like in Cannes.

by the way: on this site:
http://www.imax.com/sacramento/

klick "left" on the "Trailer"- button. There's a new trailer. A third version - most similar to the old one with some new cuts.

Last edited:
Tickets were being listed as $300 dollars and it was billed on a couple local Utah ticket agencies as "U2". A lot of bands come and play relatively unannounced shows at Sundance, so I and a couple friends were crapping ourselves thinking they were going to play some small club in Park City this weekend. Then I realized it was the premiere of a show I can see for $7 half a week later.

I'll pass.

u2popmofo said:
Tickets were being listed as $300 dollars and it was billed on a couple local Utah ticket agencies as "U2". A lot of bands come and play relatively unannounced shows at Sundance, so I and a couple friends were crapping ourselves thinking they were going to play some small club in Park City this weekend. Then I realized it was the premiere of a show I can see for $7 half a week later.

I'll pass.

tickets for what were being listed for $300? to U23D? I'm betting that Bono might show up at the Patti Smith concert scheduled for that first weekend.

Back
Top Bottom