U23D - Not in IMAX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allegra

Refugee
The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap,
Well, I wrote to the IMAX Corporation, and this is what I got back.....

Thank you for your email to info@imax.com. The U2 3D film is not a large-format film. To my knowledge, this film is being produced in digital 3D. It will not be available in IMAX 3D.

Best regards,
Sarah Armstrong
IMAX Corporation

Oh well, I thought I read a rumor somewhere that it was going to be in IMAX. I'm glad that I got it clarified.

you GOTTA be shitting me.... that means I wont be able to see it seeing i have to go to either london or east germany to see it!

Yeah, Real D seems to be very American-based. There's about 15 theaters within 50 miles of me. :shrug: (The closest appears to be about 15 miles away)

Galeongirl said:
you GOTTA be shitting me.... that means I wont be able to see it seeing i have to go to either london or east germany to see it!

I wish you good luck that the Bavarians don't read that. :wink:

It's a shame that they don't have any more cinemas here in Europe. I hope they open the 20th in Berlin, in the next two months.
I guess I will go to Nuremberg or Munich for that.

There are only 8 in all of canada and none of them are even close to me!!!!!! :mad:

Guess I'll have to drive to Grand Forks, North Dakota for a night!:|

There's one in Syracuse, which is a little over an hour from me. It's at a big mall I go to once in awhile anyway. Maybe I'll go see it, go shopping, then go see it again :wink:

Galeongirl said:

There is one in Dublin GG. At the same time you could pop into Bonos house and ask him which ass made this decision:wink:

Australia has 14 cinemas for approx 19M ppl. Europe has 19 cinemas for 400M:huh:

Wow, miracle of miracles, there's one in Melbourne that, although not near my place, isn't grossly out of my way either.

I feel sorry for all the U2 fans I know in New Zealand, though. At least you Europeans who don't have one nearby don't have to cross thousands of kilometres of ocean to get to a cinema!

I checked out their list of theatres and my Imax theatre came up, so maybe if a theatre has an Imax theatre in it, it may soon have the ability to show the digital 3D. Did that make sense?

Val said:
I checked out their list of theatres and my Imax theatre came up, so maybe if a theatre has an Imax theatre in it, it may soon have the ability to show the digital 3D. Did that make sense?

It's possible some multiplexes will have both IMAX and Real D on different screens. They'll still have to upgrade a screen for Real D though.

ntalwar said:
3ality shot the U2 shows.
www.reald.com can be used to find theaters.

I meant to come back and post that link too.

Thanks!

:wink:

It's very strange that Houston has a butt load of places, but there's not one in the city limits of Dallas. Well they are here in the surrounding area. Funny that they are not even in the suburbs touching the city limits of Dallas. They are in the sub-suburbs.

Now does that make sense?

Acrobat Angel said:

Road Trip!!!
I'm 3 hours from Sydney... :wink:

Can you drop by and pick me up?

I presume you drive one of these:

dukw2.jpg

Holy crap, there's one right next to where I live...

Damn I love living in Melbourne. Beats Sydney any day :wink:

Allegra said:
It's very strange that Houston has a butt load of places, but there's not one in the city limits of Dallas. Well they are here in the surrounding area. Funny that they are not even in the suburbs touching the city limits of Dallas. They are in the sub-suburbs.

Now does that make sense?

Yeah, I have like 6 very close to me.:wink:

Axver, and Major Panic, thanks for the info about the real-d cinema being in Melbourne... first thing I thought was: Thank God! :D

... This is probably a really silly question, but where in Melbourne is it?

Last edited:
gman said:

There is one in Dublin GG. At the same time you could pop into Bonos house and ask him which ass made this decision:wink:

Australia has 14 cinemas for approx 19M ppl. Europe has 19 cinemas for 400M:huh:

good idea :hmm:

let's go together with a bunch of angry people and get our torches to protest in front of Bono's gates :madwife:

major_panic said:
Holy crap, there's one right next to where I live...

Damn I love living in Melbourne. Beats Sydney any day :wink:

Melbourne = best city in Australia. :drool:

AchtungGirl219 said:
Axver, and Major Panic, thanks for the info about the real-d cinema being in Melbourne... first thing I thought was: Thank God! :D

... This is probably a really silly question, but where in Melbourne is it?

I'll be going to the one at the Jam Factory. The other four are in Northland Shopping Centre, Knox Shopping Centre (Wantima South), Westfield Cheltenham, and Sunshine Marketplace.

I'm kind of pissed Melbourne Central doesn't have this as that's the nearest cinema to me, but at least the Jam Factory's easily accessible by tram.

Back
Top Bottom