U23D In The Netherlands Question Hi Def or Imax?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dezmaas

Acrobat
Hi,

As you probably know, Pathe are showing this in 2 locations:

U2 3D High Definition (Buitenhof)

U2 3D Imax (Arena)

I've never seen a movie in an Imax theatre before. Would the Imax showing be the best one to see or the High Definition?

Thanks.

dez

From what I've read in some other threads, the Hi Def has slightly better colours. The Imax has the giant screen of course. Other than that, there's no real difference.
:)

Oh I didn't even know it was in Den Haag too!

I'm going to Pathé Imax in amsterdam I think, :uhoh: Scared the shit outta me that I couldn't order tickets last week, but now it's open again... just gotta wait on my friend to decide what day...

I saw it yesterday at the Imax and thought it was visually awesome! :drool:

The audio was a bit dodgy somewhat but I guess cinemas are not acoustically designed for rock shows!

Everyone I've spoken with that has seen it in both have said Imax is superior

Yes, I've seen it in both types, IMAX is like 100% better :wink:
Even though sharpness is a little better in the HiDef, it still pales in comparison to the entire Imax experience. I found after seeing it in IMAX many times first, the other times in the hidef were very disappointing. The screen was always darker and of course smaller and I felt you missed alot of what was happening because of it. Also the sound which is obviously a huge part of the experience, absolutely no comparison. Always MUCH better at the Imax theatres.

Last edited:
I've only seen it in imax, but the format fits the subject matter. It helps that the average imax theater tends to have a better soundsystem, too.

I just remembered one more thing that made a difference. That "being there" feeling you get with the crowd in the Imax theatre, was completely absent with the much smaller screens.

Back
Top Bottom