U218 iTunes Window Rip-Off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I doubt it. I buy a lot of music off iTunes and once they are "Album Only" they stay that way. I think iTunes would rather you buy the album than the single. Its a bummer but not a deal breaker. I still love iTunes. And U2, duh.

iTunes can be a pain in the @$$ for sure. However, I think Island Records is more to blame for this one. They're releasing this greatest hits collection (which has already been released...twice) to cash in on U2 one more time before they switch to Mercury Records.

martha said:

I saw in your signature that you're going to Owens Valley for Thanksgiving. Are you from there? Where specifically? I'm from Ridgecrest (living in Denver now), so that is close to home for me.

I said this was going to be the case a while ago. But from what I heard sometime after the new year it will be available by itself.

if ya read the reviews on itunes people are pretty upset about it

and the album rating is only 3 stars, which is really bad since because fans are rating the releases they are usually ridiculously high

no other u2 album has under 4 stars, most are 4 1/2 or 5

Last edited:
well, not that i advocate any of this "album only" junk, but looking around on ebay, i came across this,

http://cgi.ebay.com/U2-WINDOW-IN-TH...oryZ1057QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and it seems that according to the art on the disc of the promo cd that window in the skies will be a "new single / digital download january 07"

probably not new news to anyone, but at least written and published proof that it will be a "digital download"

however, seeing as how the past 5 singles haven't been on the US iTunes (that's a whole other list of complaints by someone who purchased the complete U2 and wanted to continue the collection via digital download) i really doubt that the "digital download" of WINDOW will be a US release.

i wish i lived in the UK, or at least had a UK billing address (wink wink)

Back
Top Bottom