U2007: what Universal has to say

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
J_NP said:
This is old story

Well, it's old news that Milan is likely--the U2.Communication stuff, the footage in the 60 Minutes piece--but this is the first sign of a real company involved in U2 dvds actually working on it. (right?)

It's old story as well , the clip of Still Haven't Found , in the solotoo site

Actually, I thought it was old story, too, but now I wonder why people here in this thread doubted the release. I was so certain long ago, when I saw the clip that Milan was sure to be released, because of the words 'Work in Progress'.

I think they used the same words back when they were working on Slane, so ... I thought I could hold my breath :wink:

Would they spend good money on the production and then throw it away. That's my question?

i had no idea that there was even a slight doubt going around that Milan might not be released until that petition surfaced a while ago. =(
what reasons do they have for not releasing it, when they've been saying for quite a while that they would? they even put out u2 comminication, solotoo has a few clips, etc etc
i really hope it gets released

dorian gray, thanks for the info. it must feel pretty good to be semi on the inside of these matters, huh? ;] hahah

Yes, I wondered about that petition as well. But today, I thought that maybe I was the one, who was jumping to conclusions about the Milan release, because I just want it so bad :drool:

And thank you for the information, dorian gray. I'll be watching this thread.

tuwie said:

dorian gray, thanks for the info. it must feel pretty good to be semi on the inside of these matters, huh? ;] hahah

it's fun, but seems like a big tease. it's not like I'll get any concrete information.. just more speculation. semi-official speculation.

I didn't think that Rolling Stone was right about a greatest hits album. Rolling Stone is so full of it anyway. But the Milan DVD? I also thought that it was certain that it would be released eventually. I doubt if they would release it this year, since ZooTV is coming out. If I had to guess, I'd say that Milan will come out for sure and perhaps next year. (There has been a one-DVD-a-year trend for U2 lately, anyway.) It would be such a waste of time and money to film it and then just toss it aside.

unless U2 wern't happy with the product.

If theres one thing that is certain about these guys, its that they won't release something substandard

Miricale_Drug said:

If theres one thing that is certain about these guys, its that they won't release something substandard

Believe me mate , if there's somethin won't stóp them releasing milan us the quality , Milan has got it all , I'm sure they allowed so much stuff air already to try to check the reception , and I'm sure it was what they wanted

Milan 21/07/05 is an awesome show.
Looking at the clip on the SoloToo site, the shots looking over the San Siro are totally amazing.

Milan wont be released for awhile, over saturation of the market with your products is never a good thing, maybe middle of next year at the very earliest.

Miricale_Drug said:

But somehow they released Chicago, which is not a bad concert, but a very average one (I'm not talking about the production, IMO Hamish did a good job). It's definitely substandard when you compare it to other official releases like Sydney, Mexico or Slane. Hopefully Milan DVD will be THE definitive video of the tour.

Miricale_Drug said:

The Chicago DVD being the exception which proves the rule ?

That thing sucks canal water.....

I don't know why the Chicago DVD receives such slack. It's currently keeping my door from hitting the wall, in fact.

Back
Top Bottom