U2 ZooTV and PopMart finally on DVD (Yeah...We Wish!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
U2 ZooTV and PopMart finally on DVD

NOT! Is it ever gonna happen? Must be rocket science or something. I'm starting to think these 2 will somehow never end up on dvd.

As I've said many times, a manager of a video store told me Popmart would NEVER be on DVD because it was not a good seller. He said R&H and ZOO were the only ones that were coming out. Since he told me that R&H did come out and I expect ZOO will but according to him Popmart and Red Rocks, not a chance.

U2Kitten said:
As I've said many times, a manager of a video store told me Popmart would NEVER be on DVD because it was not a good seller. He said R&H and ZOO were the only ones that were coming out. Since he told me that R&H did come out and I expect ZOO will but according to him Popmart and Red Rocks, not a chance.

The manager of a video store told you? Well, it's official then.

ZOOTB said:

The manager of a video store told you? Well, it's official then.

It was a Suncoast in the mall. He was very into ordering and asking around the video companies finding out what would and would not be released. He knew movies too, which ones were going to be discontinued and which would be coming out. He's usually right.

Movies that did not sell well as VHS usually do not make it to DVD. There are several old movies I've been looking for but they don't get released because the manufacturers and stores think they aren't going to be profitable and they aren't worth paying the actor/artist for rights to. U2 is a very big business and their price would be high. So if they don't feel Popmart or Red Rocks would sell enough on DVD to make it worth the price U2 would be asking they aren't going to do it.

Last edited:
oliveu2cm said:
:mad: i hate fake thread titles

Same here, it should be forbidden!!!!!! :mad: :madspit:

I think Zoo TV, PopMart and their 80's best of videos WILL come out in DVD. And I think it will happen when the next tour is over. Maybe we might get it before but who knows.... However I'm not sure about Red Rocks right now, I think it would do really well if they instead of release the normal Red Rocks concert we got on DVD they released the whole concert in DVD!! That way everybody would want it! And another thing, since U2 recorded so many off stage stuff during the Zoo TV and PopMart tours it would be cool if they could prepare a big documentary for each of the DVDs, after all those tours were very important and played a significant roll in U2's career!!!!

Documentaries would be cool! But they are usually only made and marketable at the time of that tour. But I am hoping with this new tour there will be new stories and rockumentaries of their whole career!

I have heard the same thing about the Popmart video that U2Kitten heard. It doesnt look like it is going to ever see a DVD release. It was slated to be done right before Elevation but was cancelled at the last minute. It appears to be a permanent cancellation now.

I agree that Zoo will see it to DVD eventually. I think Red Rocks will at some point as well. Sure right now its not selling a ton of videos, most people have had it for over 15 years! UABRS was a very successful live project though and back in the day, the video did sell very well. So I think it will make it eventually. For Red Rocks to do well though I think they would need to add something to it (like have it be the whole show or at least include more songs than the video did or more behind the scenes, etc..). Zoo will probebly be the next thing to make it though and I would say within a few years it will happen.

Last edited:
:madspit: to the thread title! I hate getting my hopes up, and then the first thing I read is NOT!

Anyhoo...I for one think POP should be released on DVD! Do people really dislike it that much?:eyebrow: I wish all their stuff would be released. I have beome completly spoiled by DVDs and watch my U2 stuff constantly. It's so much easier to flip to your favorite parts.

U2Kitten said:

http://forum.interference.com/t86932.html

According to the above thread, POPMART sold 1,000,000 copies. That doesn't seem to shabby.
At the end of the day, it all comes down to whether or not the band wants to release it. For whatever reasons, U2 seems to have turned their back on that era. Especially now that U2 have somewhat reclaimed there thrown, it seems unlikely that they'd release anything to remind fans of the Pop era. We'll probably gonna have to wait a while for a Popmart DVD, if we ever get it. :(

After the coupling of Live at Slane and Making of UF, I think the future of U2 DVDs is going to be packaging old videos together. Like maybe Zoo Syndey could be paired with the Interference video, PopMart with Year in Pop and so forth. Making of UF probably didn't warrant being its own DVD (along the lines of what U2Kitten was saying) so it made sense to package it with something else.

dsmith2904 said:
After the coupling of Live at Slane and Making of UF, I think the future of U2 DVDs is going to be packaging old videos together. Like maybe Zoo Syndey could be paired with the Interference video, PopMart with Year in Pop and so forth. Making of UF probably didn't warrant being its own DVD (along the lines of what U2Kitten was saying) so it made sense to package it with something else.

I definitely think that that?s what?s going to happen, they?ll put A Year In Pop on the PopMart DVD (AND THAT?S AWESOME!) but I don?t think it would cost them much if they could gather together the extra footage they got and make that DVD more interesting with a brand new documentary, I mean it?s not like U2 has to be there and edit the damn thing by themselves, just call in someone from Principle Management to do that like they did with that promo from the Best of the 90?s DVD. You can see there that they got some extra footage lying around somewhere. I mean I would love to see the rest of the owl dropping scenes from the Zoo era wouldn?t you all? :D I don?t think that?s too expensive or that it would take them too much time cause they got a lot of time. To make this really amazing for the fans a crew could be working on this wile U2 tours and by the time the tour is over they would probably have made a kick ass documentary for us and not a 15 minutes crap but a one hour plus thing... :hyper: Paul McGuniess should read these things? :shifty:

I'd love Zoo on DVD. Popmart is good, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd always go with the former.

I wish they'd at least make it available as a bootleg a la Pearl Jam. Order straight through U2.com (and pray it arrives this millenium), without fancy packaging, etc.

ZOOTB said:
U2 ZooTV and PopMart finally on DVD
NOT! Is it ever gonna happen? Must be rocket science or something. I'm starting to think these 2 will somehow never end up on dvd.

Leave.

Last edited:
While I also hate misleading thread titles, a reply like that is inappropriate.

Last edited:
You still shouldn't tell any member to leave. I appreciate your sentiment by editing though. I will edit where I quoted you.

Oh, and if a member ever would say something like that to you, please report the post to ensure that a moderator sees it. Thanks!

Bonochick said:
While I also hate misleading thread titles, a reply like that is inappropriate.
Thank you Bonochick. Geesh, sorry about the misleading title. I don't post that often and figured it was the only way to get people to read my threads. U2 did it to us with their (tour and new album in 2004 hype and then NOT till 2005) and I didn't tell U2 to "leave" and I'm sure you didn't either. Yeah, it pisses you off but eventually you have to get over it. You live and you learn. Don't worry, I won't post any misleading titles anymore.

Oh, trust me...there are plenty of blue crack addicts around that will surely see any threads started here. :D

Then I guess packaging is the way to go and it's a good idea. It might happen again! We can hope so!

TheBrazilianFly said:

I definitely think that that?s what?s going to happen, they?ll put A Year In Pop on the PopMart DVD (AND THAT?S AWESOME!) but I don?t think it would cost them much if they could gather together the extra footage they got and make that DVD more interesting with a brand new documentary, I mean it?s not like U2 has to be there and edit the damn thing by themselves, just call in someone from Principle Management to do that like they did with that promo from the Best of the 90?s DVD. You can see there that they got some extra footage lying around somewhere. I mean I would love to see the rest of the owl dropping scenes from the Zoo era wouldn?t you all? :D I don?t think that?s too expensive or that it would take them too much time cause they got a lot of time. To make this really amazing for the fans a crew could be working on this wile U2 tours and by the time the tour is over they would probably have made a kick ass documentary for us and not a 15 minutes crap but a one hour plus thing... :hyper: Paul McGuniess should read these things? :shifty:

This is a great idea. Popmart Mexico plus A Year in Pop. I would buy it, for sure. :)
And maybe ZOOTV Sydney plus Outside Broadcast/Thanksgiving Special as well. Cool.

Cheers
MT

i think it will all be released at some point. it may not be until U2 retires though, which probably isn't too far off!

speaking of retiring, maybe we'll see some Creed anthologies including all their Pearl Jam covers!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Back
Top Bottom