U2 working with pop songwriter for new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's more than two tweets. He's also quotes as saying:

"There's a long way to go but we are doing something with U2."

have to say, i do love a good pop song - guilty pleasure :reject:

bonobieber.jpg

biebso.jpg

Well, according to Carl Falk's twitter account, this is Carl Falk:
article-1333526741698-1275F5E9000005DC-778617_466x310.jpg

According to Carl Falk's wikipedia page, this is Carl Falk:
A-149257-1130776661.jpeg

2 swedish dance producers named Carl Falk? What are the odds of that?

Who the Falk is who?

Sorry....I'll go back in my cave :wink:

The tweets where from January? :| and yet the sun just pick up on it now and decide it means he is producing

if anything, surely it must be a collaboration for something like a remix and nothing more... that wouldn't surprise me at all, but songwriting input (which i highly doubt it is) would!

Look get over it, Bono and Falk are co-writing the whole album. Nice pop tunes. All they've got to decide is the colour of the stools each band member is gonna sit on and there good to go.

U2 set to team up with One Direction songwriters for new material | Metro.co.uk

This was also reported in the uk newspaper called the sun saying that u2 are going to turn into a boyband.

If true Working with a guy who has wrote songs for Nicki Minaj Taio Cruz, Nicole Scherzinger ,Westlife and boyzone dosent really bode well does it?

I wouldnt knock it until ive heard the tunes (like i said if its true) but i really think they need to stop all this relevent bo##ocks. Theve had a superb run in the charts more then most so please just let it go.

I so hope this is not true. Please god let this be false :pray:

That wasn't pop music.

He's not saying it was, he was making a "pun" out of the album title. Hence its capitalization in his post.

(It's not capitalized when I quoted it, which is strange, but the original post has the capitalization, as does your quoting of it. Weird.)

I had hoped that a year spent looking back at the making of Achtung Baby would send them down a different path than this. Obviously we don't know if there is any truth to this just yet and I have a hard time believing Larry would let this happen. We'll see....

They could either be trying really hard to fit in with Top 40 radio this time, or this guy could just be adding a new element to their music in the context of U2 and will not be making them sound like a boy band.

and I have a hard time believing Larry would let this happen.

Exactly. Larry is there to counteract Bono, so let's hope he's doing his job. If not...

How can people judge someone based on the work they do with a boyband? should we not wait until we actually hear something he has done with U2 before we proclaim him to be a shit producer?, i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom