U2 will play with Metallica !?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Max_theHitman

Refugee
U2 will play with Metallica for a duet !?

Do you think they will ever play with them?
Afterall, they have played with all the other singers and bands known. :eyebrow:

Imagine if they decided to do one or two songs together and Bono is screaming 'madly in anger with you'... 'madly in anger with you' to keep up with Hetfield's growl.........................

:no:

God no, Kirk would kill the Fly:huh:

But there could be some coolness involved:wink:

Metallica will actually join U2 on stage in New York on the 14th of this month. Together with U2, Hilary Duff, Kanye West, Keane, and Johnny Cash's ghost, they will play Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.

I would die if that ever happened! Don't think it ever will but it sure would be awesome!!!

Here's a song idea:
The song starts with a kick ass riff from James! James sings the verses and Bono sings the chorus. They both sing the bridge together! Edge comes up with what should be played on the bridge (something different but cool sounding!) Kirk does a solo after the bridge as Edge plays his classic scratch guitar here and there during the solo (maybe on the verses too like in Vertigo). Then the song stops and restarts with a brand new riff by The Edge (very heavy metal like this stopping and starting again with a new riff), the new riff sounds like a classic Edge riff, very upbeat too. James and Bono sing some new stuff and after that, with James providing the rhythm, Edge and Kirk do a dual solo!!! They go back to the original riff and end the song with a bang. Larry and Lars on the drums, Lars provides the beat and Larry could do more rhythmic things. He plays the drums too though. Both Metallica and U2 have very heavy, low sounding basslines so the meeting between Adam and Rob would be awesome, they would create an awesome and complex sounding bassline for the song. James and Bono write the lyrics together.

This song would kick major fucking ass! I want it to happen!!! And I want it now!!! :drool:

TheBrazilianFly said:
I would die if that ever happened! Don't think it ever will but it sure would be awesome!!!

Here's a song idea:
The song starts with a kick ass riff from James! James sings the verses and Bono sings the chorus. They both sing the bridge together! Edge comes up with what should be played on the bridge (something different but cool sounding!) Kirk does a solo after the bridge as Edge plays his classic scratch guitar here and there during the solo (maybe on the verses too like in Vertigo). Then the song stops and restarts with a brand new riff by The Edge (very heavy metal like this stopping and starting again with a new riff), the new riff sounds like a classic Edge riff, very upbeat too. James and Bono sing some new stuff and after that, with James providing the rhythm, Edge and Kirk do a dual solo!!! They go back to the original riff and end the song with a bang. Larry and Lars on the drums, Lars provides the beat and Larry could do more rhythmic things. He plays the drums too though. Both Metallica and U2 have very heavy, low sounding basslines so the meeting between Adam and Rob would be awesome, they would create an awesome and complex sounding bassline for the song. James and Bono write the lyrics together.

This song would kick major fucking ass! I want it to happen!!! And I want it now!!! :drool:

I'm all for this now:wink:

My doubts have faded to distance memories:drool:

Axver said:
Metallica will actually join U2 on stage in New York on the 14th of this month. Together with U2, Hilary Duff, Kanye West, Keane, and Johnny Cash's ghost, they will play Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.

Dude, they're totally going to play Freedom for my People, because let's face it, that's a classic that everyone knows.

Didn't Metallica do a song called One as well? I wonder what U2's One would sound like spliced with Metallica's One...OMG MASHUP!!!111ONEONE

TheBrazilianFly said:

Here's a song idea:

OH YEAH!!! :rockon: ...I can just hear them both now!
That would be a major rockin´song.
The reason I asked the before-mentioned question is because I am in the process of mixing some cds with both bands. I have seen both Live in concert, and I just thought they would make a great duet. Afterall, they both have covered each others music in Live concerts too. :up:

Cross your fingers and hope they do it one of these days. :D:

Afterall, they both have covered each others music in Live concerts too?

Which song did Metallica cover?

I would love to see this happen, but lets face it the edge will never keep up kirk hammet and Kirk is not too good at minimalism... but it would be definately interesting

sjakie said:
Afterall, they both have covered each others music in Live concerts too?

Which song did Metallica cover?

I would love to see this happen, but lets face it the edge will never keep up kirk hammet and Kirk is not too good at minimalism... but it would be definately interesting

Kirk and Edge are the opposites of eachother, Kirk a grade A pentatonic wanker and Edge a subtle player with excellent taste,

Meh, it could work:wink:

Back
Top Bottom