U2 will have the last laugh...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

You can sit down on LemonMelon's seat after he storms out during 4th Of July.

if they played 4th of July

then most of the people

would be buying beer

moreso than the amt. of people during bono's pre-miss sarajevo speeches.

zzZzzzZZzzZZz - 4th of july

:drool: miss sarajevo

Mountain Dew Ma said:
elevation (it's better than trip through your wires)

[...]

when i look at the world-
greatly underrated.

new york is a kick ass rocker live.

[...]

the ground beneath her feet is beautiful.

I agree with these comments.

Though being better than TTYW isn't much of a compliment.

Axver said:

Yeah, who needs beautiful UF-era soundscapes when you can have ATYCLB-era pop fluff?

UF is a beautiful album but if you take it apart song by song it's not one of U2's strongest. ATYCLB is amazing. I don't think it's fluff. It's a warm record, but I like that. It's comforting. Yeah Elevation is a retarded song, but it's fun. In a Little While has one of Edge's best little riffs...so simple and perfect :love: Wild Honey is a fine little ditty, kind of Beatleseque pop. but I suppose you think The Beatles are overrated huh?

xaviMF22 said:

or miracle drug's new born babies :drool: :drool:

Yeah, who needs One Tree Hill's poetic lyrics when you can listen to Bono going on about sniffing newborn babies or having a mouth full of teeth or a tortoise racing a bullet train?

"I'll give you everything you want except the thing that you want." Yeah, Bono's totally still got it. :|

AtomicBono said:

UF is a beautiful album but if you take it apart song by song it's not one of U2's strongest. ATYCLB is amazing. I don't think it's fluff. It's a warm record, but I like that. It's comforting. Yeah Elevation is a retarded song, but it's fun. In a Little While has one of Edge's best little riffs...so simple and perfect :love: Wild Honey is a fine little ditty, kind of Beatleseque pop. but I suppose you think The Beatles are overrated huh?

UF has three of U2's ten best songs (ASOH, UF, Bad). ATYCLB, on the other hand, has pop fluff nonsense such as Stuck, Elevation, IALW, Wild Honey, and New York. Admittedly, I enjoy Elevation and New York live, though I could live quite happily without either - especially when the band has 11 O'clock Tick Tock waiting in the wings. The only really memorable song on ATYCLB is WILATW. I also think Grace is unfairly trashed ande that TGBHF should have been on every edition.

And haven't I made my opinion on the Beatles more than clear in the past?

Axver said:

Yeah, who needs One Tree Hill's poetic lyrics when you can listen to Bono going on about sniffing newborn babies or having a mouth full of teeth or a tortoise racing a bullet train?

"I'll give you everything you want except the thing that you want." Yeah, Bono's totally still got it. :|

but they smell like FREEDOM!!!

and Bono's still got it

:whistle:

AtomicBono said:
dude dont mess with mike, hes probably bono's cousin. same last name.

mike do you work for U2.com?

:|

This is a U2 forum so im guessing we're all supposed to be U2 fans here but I guess not. :|

PS. I saw them FOURTIMES on the vertigo tour. I'm a big fan so.... :| :mad:

Axver said:

one tree hill has pretty good lyrics

but it isn't a song to blow your load over.

original of the species is a gorgeous pop song. your hatred for 'pop culture' and 'popular' blind the songs goodness. imo.

walk on also > one tree hill
kite > one tree hill
city > one tree hill
fast cars > one tree hill
vertigo > one tree hill
ground beneath > one tree hill

Mountain Dew Ma said:

one tree hill has pretty good lyrics

but it isn't a song to blow your load over.

original of the species is a gorgeous pop song. your hatred for 'pop culture' and 'popular' blind the songs goodness. imo.

walk on also > one tree hill
kite > one tree hill
city > one tree hill
fast cars > one tree hill
vertigo > one tree hill
ground beneath > one tree hill

Wow.

To say I disagree is an understatement.

mike hewson said:

This is a U2 forum so im guessing we're all supposed to be U2 fans here but I guess not. :|

I saw them ten times in three different countries in two different hemispheres on the Vertigo Tour. Do I still have to leave?

No spoken words said:

Wow.

To say I disagree is an understatement.

perhaps instead of people bickering back and forth

all the time about
which u2 era is best

people should apperciate and be amazed

that u2 can invoke such different musical tastes

and yet still have fans of the same band.

by no means is one tree hill a bad song.

those songs are just better.

mike hewson said:

I saw them 10 times beat that sucka!! :bonodrum:

and I hardly come here for U2 :lmao:

Well, I'm not bickering, and I like ATYCLB and HTDAAB and you'll be hard pressed to find someone who enjoys/defends the band more than I do. I just don't think the songs you listed are in the same league as One Tree Hill, sorry.

Axver said:

UF has three of U2's ten best songs (ASOH, UF, Bad). ATYCLB, on the other hand, has pop fluff nonsense such as Stuck, Elevation, IALW, Wild Honey, and New York. Admittedly, I enjoy Elevation and New York live, though I could live quite happily without either - especially when the band has 11 O'clock Tick Tock waiting in the wings. The only really memorable song on ATYCLB is WILATW. I also think Grace is unfairly trashed ande that TGBHF should have been on every edition.

And haven't I made my opinion on the Beatles more than clear in the past?

Bad is indeed great, though the studio verison pales in comparison to the live verson. I didn't truly appreciate the song til I heard it live. ASOH is lovely though I wouldn't say it's one of U2's best. UF is overrated. Stuck, on the other hand, is a beautiful song... maybe it doesn't hit you like it hits me, but there have been times I've been literally stuck in a moment like that, soooooo maybe you have to know the kind of depression Bono is speaking of to understand. Admittingly the album production is a bit poppy but the stripped down acoustic on U2 7 (or the even better version on V-tour) showcased the song the way it was meant to be. I already talked about Elevation, IALW, and Wild Honey. New York is one of the best songs on the album...live it was a fuckin monster

Beautiful Day > all of UF

imo

imo

also The Beatles > Axver

Mountain Dew Ma said:

Wrong. I hate shitty music. Pride, for example, is a well done song that pretty much conforms to a pop style. Stuck In A Moment, on the other hand, is flaky and insipid. It's been polished to within a millimetre of its life.

The thing about the OP is that it seems as if it's on a completely different board, and he's some troll preaching the "gospel of U2" in a stupid attempt to convince fans of KoRn or something like that that U2 is amazing despite their fans relatively low understanding of serious music, yet this is a U2 fan board, even if there is plenty of whining at times its still filled with die-hards that don't need convincing.

Mountain Dew Ma said:

i saw them 24 times.

do not let the door hit you on the way out, fare well, UF lover.

I'm not going anywhere, O Alter.

No spoken words said:
Well, I'm not bickering, and I like ATYCLB and HTDAAB and you'll be hard pressed to find someone who enjoys/defends the band more than I do. I just don't think the songs you listed are in the same league as One Tree Hill, sorry.

i never claimed you to bicker

others on this forum do.

threads are oft closed because of it.

i just dont find one tree hill to be that inspiring.

it's cool

and i'd like to see it at the shows i went to.

but i rather hear walk on or kite.

rihannsu said:

Just out of curiosity, do you have children?

Dana

Nope. Although I have pleanty of friends who are U2 fans with kids who agree with me whole-heartedly on this one. Yes, I know what he is talking about but it's a throw in line that doesn't make sense in context or rhyme and it comes across as a blatant ploy to tug the heart-strings of parents.

Anyway, I'm done.

Axver said:

I saw them ten times in three different countries in two different hemispheres on the Vertigo Tour. Do I still have to leave?

No but if youve seen them that many times I dont believe you don't like the last 2 albums. You're just saying that cause you want to make people here angry. :madspit:

No spoken words said:

This is something ALL U2 fans can agree on.

:)

Wait, I'm not a U2 fan now?

I'd even say that this mike hewson chap > the Beatles.

In fact, my fridge humming > the Beatles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom