U2 will be playing in Cannes at the 3D premiere Pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xaviMF22 said:

remeber when he looked like this

3456568fp58ot2349328373XROQDF232425.jpg

POP Bono :drool: :heart:

34587692fp336nu3258237282WSNRCG3233.jpg

:shh: xavi, that's a shirt, not his actual body.

corianderstem said:

I didn't criticize his looks in that picture. I said I thought it was a bad picture, and I didn't like the glasses. I mean, HEL-LO!

i cannot believe anyone would critizise bono's choice of glasses. i mean, if he wore some really cool glasses that i would like to see, i would be happy of course. but i'm not gonna whine about it if he chooses to wear some tinted john lennon glasses that don't suit him at all.

LemonMelon said:
Or, if it continues this way, you could just move it over to PLEBA. :wink:

There is already a thread there. This one should stay on topic about the performance.

Sicy said:
How about we discuss the performance.

There's no reason this thread needs to stay open if it just continues to be bickering about what Bono looks like.

:up:

kafrun said:

Calling Bono fat or pointing out a random person on the street and calling them fat is not funny.

There is a considerable difference between insults and lighthearted humour. I would say the latter took place here.

kafrun said:

Calling Bono fat or pointing out a random person on the street and calling them fat is not funny.

sorry.. PLEBAnlackofhumor, oh teh noez.

You people cannot handle even light hearted jokes about these guys, let alone criticism! Geez!

Anyway, it was a decent performance I guess. The guitar seemed to be tuned in louder than the vocals for some reason. But it was a nice saturday evening surprise show. :wink:

Axver said:

Oh come ON. This isn't PLEBA; Bono isn't some sacred deity who we dare not criticise here. Have a sense of humour.

Some of you are way too defensive of Bono. It's as if we personally insulted you.
Yeah, hi.. I'm pretty sure you haven't met me and prettttty sure you can't assume anything based on the fact that I'm a PLEBAn. I have a sense of humour and I don't agree with everything Lord Bono says/does/wears/whatever. Thx, bye.

Sicy said:

There is already a thread there. This one should stay on topic about the performance.

Fair enough.

Hey, everybody, shut the hell up for a second!

Didn't Edge sound wonderful? :drool:

I was really happy by their performance, and I can't wait for the movie to come out. Does anybody else feel that way?

LemonMelon said:

Hey, only I may hand out the "SHUT UPs" in this thread. :mad:

:wink:

I can't believe we have to wait all the way until fall for the movie. :(

keep it open, sicy.

this thread delivers and 95% can handle the light-hearted humour that takes place in here. :drool:

So, back to the performance.

Statistics time!

This was only the third time Streets has been played outside of a full tour concert. The other two times were on the liquor store rooftop in LA during the Streets music video shoot in 1987 and U2's Super Bowl half-time show appearance in 2002.

So I'm really surprised by that choice. I was expecting Beautiful Day or One or some other standard fare.

LemonMelon said:

Fair enough.

Didn't Edge sound wonderful? :drool:
I liked his shirt too :wink:

Can't wait for that movie to come out :corn:

Well don't quit your day job and take your act to the comedy club if you think that "jokes" about someones weight are funny.

They are rebrodcasting the songs for anybody that missed them :)

So who was that guy rocking out by Larry's drum kit? Was he playing a keyboard, or was he fiddling with a mixing board?

xaviMF22 said:

I am still laughing at this

:lmao:

Maybe I do have a potential career in comedy after all? :hmm:

Originally posted by Yahweh
Well don't quit your day job and take your act to the comedy club if you think that "jokes" about someones weight are funny.

Just for the record, I didn't make a single joke - or even comment - about Bono's appearance. I just thought it was ludicrous the way some people here completely over-reacted to light-hearted, joking comments that weren't meant to be taken as serious insults.

corianderstem said:
So who was that guy rocking out by Larry's drum kit? Was he playing a keyboard, or was he fiddling with a mixing board?

I thought he was a drum tech. :huh: But there was a mixing board back there? :ohmy:

corianderstem said:

He was actually controlling the entire performance. U2 have been replaced by robots. :wink:

Axver said:
Just for the record, I didn't make a single joke - or even comment - about Bono's appearance. I just thought it was ludicrous the way some people here completely over-reacted to light-hearted, joking comments that weren't meant to be taken as serious insults.

I see why U2 fans get a bad rap sometimes of being too serious in their band worship. :sigh:

:hmm:

That explains Bono's constant wearing of sunglasses. He doesn't want us to see his cold, dead, robot eyes.

Back
Top Bottom