U2 will be playing in Cannes at the 3D premiere Pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
discothequeLP said:

so Edge plays a couple chords before the music starts, and then the Vertigo guitar kicks in 3x louder.

He also flips the pickup switch after the check, and before he does the first strum and there's a stray note before the first strum. In the older TV performances, I don't believe he wears IEMs. Here, he is wearing IEMs.

Larry's drums are also 1/3 as loud when he bangs them before the song. The guitar and drums were obviously not running through the PA system at that point, but were after the mixer cranked the volume up.

my guess is that it's on, considering the little 'soundtest' edge does. did nobody notice that guy standing at a mixer next to larry and right behind edge? i wonder what he was there for...

The mixer guy controls the PA, not the amp. I'm not sure who it is even - Lawless, O'Sullivan, or someone else?

Last edited:
ntalwar said:

At what point does Dallas cut the power to Edge's amp? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: At what point does the pre-recording drown out Edge's amp?

Listen to his guitar, it's the same as the album version. Even that opening strumming. Vertigo's never sounded like that live. Ever. It's absolutely pre-recorded.

phillyfan26 said:

:rolleyes: At what point does the pre-recording drown out Edge's amp?

Listen to his guitar, it's the same as the album version. Even that opening strumming. Vertigo's never sounded like that live. Ever. It's absolutely pre-recorded.

So why even bother with any amp volume.

The concert live versions don't have the opening strumming because Edge is still changing guitars from COBL/prior song while Larry is drumming away.

Last edited:
knock it off already

"Fat Elvis" refers to the whole era of his career, not just his weight, and that phrase existed well before Bono said anything about Elvis.

There is no such thing as a Bono "fat lady" alter ego. Fat Lady refers to the Larry/Bono backing vocals for Numb.

Last edited:
ntalwar said:

He also flips the pickup switch after the check, and before he does the first strum and there's a stray note before the first strum. In the older TV performances, I don't believe he wears IEMs. Here, he is wearing IEMs.

Larry's drums are also 1/3 as loud when he bangs them before the song. The guitar and drums were obviously not running through the PA system at that point, but were after the mixer cranked the volume up.

the drums did sound live to me. Edge flips the pickup switch to the neck pickup -- do you really believe he would use a neck pickup on a Les Paul for that song? it's the exact opposite configuration than what he's been using for the past 3 years, the bridge pickup on a Tele. it just doesn't make sense.

discothequeLP said:

Edge flips the pickup switch to the neck pickup -- do you really believe he would use a neck pickup on a Les Paul for that song?

He also appears to turn the guitar volume knob clockwise (increase) or make sure it's set there, before flipping the switch. If he wanted to play air guitar, he would turn it it the other way.

StopHammertime.jpg

Discuss the performance ONLY.

Sicy has been very nice and patient with you guys in leaving this open. Me? Not so much. I'm ready to close it if you guys don't cooperate.

Quit the "fat" discussion and also quit insulting other members.

one girl of the italian site U2place.com...see the premiere...
w*w.u2place.com/newsdett.asp?idN=3050

U2Man said:
did you guys notice the silver fox? he puts all the other u2 members' looks to shame :drool:

See the post just before yours ;)

Somehow I think you're being sarcastic, hard to tell, especially with this forum, but silver fox indeed! He's like Sean Connery, he just keeps getting better with age.

Didn't hear as much bass, but that won't be a problem with the 3-D movie. Can't wait to see and hear this when it comes out.

Larry's drum tech was having a good time. Look at him go, he's the real lord of the dance.

discothequeLP said:

do you really believe he would use a neck pickup on a Les Paul for that song? it's the exact opposite configuration than what he's been using for the past 3 years, the bridge pickup on a Tele. it just doesn't make sense.

thrillme said:

See the post just before yours ;)

Somehow I think you're being sarcastic, hard to tell, especially with this forum, but silver fox indeed! He's like Sean Connery, he just keeps getting better with age.

Didn't hear as much bass, but that won't be a problem with the 3-D movie. Can't wait to see and hear this when it comes out.

Larry's drum tech was having a good time. Look at him go, he's the real lord of the dance.

not sarcastic at all, honestly. adam is like the definition of coolness. none of the others beat him these days.

Back
Top Bottom