U2 will be playing in Cannes at the 3D premiere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
People who expect U2 to bust out some rare track instead of a big hit at events like this are like people who are outraged that American Idol is a popularity contest instead of a singing contest: sadly misguided.

It's one thing to play the hits. And yet another to play Beautiful Day and Vertigo over and over and over again. Okay, we get it. You guys are proud of these 2 songs. But you got several other hits. Play something else for a change. :wink:

Zootlesque said:
It's one thing to play the hits. And yet another to play Beautiful Day and Vertigo over and over and over again. Okay, we get it. You guys are proud of these 2 songs. But you got several other hits. Play something else for a change.

Did I heard correctly that they rehearsed Streets? That would be cool.

Ah yes, because playing the hits has worked so well with the fans for the last two tours. Everyone is dying to hear NYD/Pride/Streets/WOWY/I still haven't found.../Desire/One and absolutely no one wants them removed from the setlist.

Hey, I never said I was happy hearing Vertigo all the time. But I'm not going to complain if it's what they do play. I always love hearing/seeing U2 play anything.

corianderstem said:
Hey, I never said I was happy hearing Vertigo all the time. But I'm not going to complain if it's what they do play. I always love hearing/seeing U2 play anything.

with that attitude, things will never change in this world.

Don't get me wrong - I'm always optimistic that they'll surprise us. Just because I'm not whining about it doesn't mean I wouldn't love to hear something else.

U2girl said:
Ah yes, because playing the hits has worked so well with the fans for the last two tours. Everyone is dying to hear NYD/Pride/Streets/WOWY/I still haven't found.../Desire/One and absolutely no one wants them removed from the setlist.

I don't think anybody is dying to hear Vertigo or BD either! They all belong in one list.

Hey guys, am I seeing a setlist party over here? :drool:

U23D should be starting in 75 minutes! How cool would it be to end the U23D 55 minute version with the Love Is Blindness snippet and then segue into a live performance of U2? :drool:

A guy can dream right ;)

corianderstem said:
Don't get me wrong - I'm always optimistic that they'll surprise us. Just because I'm not whining about it doesn't mean I wouldn't love to hear something else.

yea U2Man quit your whinnying:mad:

you is going to get sued someday

They happen not to have to be there playing anything...and if it wasnt for this webcam you wouldnt know the difference anyway. So if they play Vertigo great, if they play something else great.

Its just nice that they decided to play...still got the fire in them and thats what matters, not what song they play. Some people will like it others will not no matter what so just get up there and play the tunes.

Last edited:
corianderstem said:

yeah, that's how we feel too.

corianderstem said:
Did you just call me a bitch, complainer?

and you called me a complainer....:tsk:

thats more of U2Man's and Zottles style

they're always complaining about something...:tsk:

This thread is a lot more fun than cleaning my apartment, so I think I'm going to keep hanging out here.

You said "several other hits". I'm just saying all the "other hits" got bashed for the past two tours, so why bother with those?

Do you really think any of the above (forgot to add SBS) would get a better reaction than BD or Vertigo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom