U2: Where is the LIVE album??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
henke:

Blue Room is absolutely correct about the audience noise...and this will literally tell you what type of recording you have. I have 2 different versions of the 6/8 show...one is a VG AUD and the other is an EX AUD with crisp, clear sound and not a lot of crowd noise...but enough to know it is an audience...neither one is titled "The Spice Boys"...and I have yet to encounter this title on a couple of well-known trader's site I checked earlier today.

I'm intrigued because if indeed you have a true soundboard of 6/8 then you are one lucky individual...and I want to TRADE FOR IT!!!

ditto to the above post!

Bonochick, when I convert the DVD audio I can send you a copy if you want. I havent had time to do it yet though. I would imagine someone already has done it though.

Hi People.
The quality of my Boston bootleg is the best bootleg for sound quality i have and i have loads.Im not sure if it is soundboard as im not certain of what that term means.I know it is similar to my Dublin Zoo t.v and Mexico Pomart C.D'S though if this helps.
Incidentally i can hear the crowd beetween songs but only slightly and this adds to the quality of the recording because if you couldn't hear them at all it would be very strange.
Could your copy be called Paradise in Boston by any chance?

By the way Kobayashi i meant cameras on a full scale for a T.V production as im sure you were aware.

Hi guys.
I'm not sure about the process of trading bootlegs as ive never done this before.I get my bootlegs from a shop i know that gets loads of live u2.
Another concert i have which i can compare the sound quality to is Memorial Coliseum from the Joshua tree tour,im not sure if you are familiar with it.
I'm interested in trading but i'd be surprised if you had anything which i dont already.
By the way Paradise in Boston is an alternative name for the Spice boys concert and is what it says on the actual CDS.

Cheers.
Henke.

Henke, do you have a CD burner? Thats all it takes. You can email me and I will send you my list of U2 audio on CD and I will burn a copy of any show you want in exchange. I have over 200 U2 shows on CD currently.

My email address again is:

mjblue@tm.net

Even if it is an audience recording, it sounds like it is a better one than the version I have which is also excellent.

Originally posted by Like someone to blame:
henke:
I have 2 different versions of the 6/8 show...one is a VG AUD and the other is an EX AUD with crisp, clear sound and not a lot of crowd noise...but enough to know it is an audience...neither one is titled "The Spice Boys"

Someone to Blame, I did some searching, and I think that what Henke has is the EX AUD copy. I found a Bootleg site from Japan that offered the "Spice Boys" show, and they did not list it as being a soundboard.

Question: since you have both the VG and EX AUD, which one has a guy saying "I'll see you when the show gets over!" just as Elevation starts?

Would anyone be able to make me a copy of the Cleveland show? I already have it, but mine has some really annoying screamers on it. I can't listen to it anymore...here's my email just in case:

kjcoley@hotmail.com

------------------
We need new dreams tonight

henke, here is my email address if you are interested in trading. I have alot of recordings from all tours. I will be able to tell immediately if it is a soundboard or not if and when I hear it.

mjblue@tm.net

Originally posted by henke_149:
Hi People.
The quality of my Boston bootleg is the best bootleg for sound quality i have and i have loads.Im not sure if it is soundboard as im not certain of what that term means.I know it is similar to my Dublin Zoo t.v and Mexico Pomart C.D'S though if this helps.
Incidentally i can hear the crowd beetween songs but only slightly and this adds to the quality of the recording because if you couldn't hear them at all it would be very strange. Could your copy be called Paradise in Boston by any chance?

henke_149:

No, neither one of my 6/8/01 shows are titled "Paradise in Boston". Is this an alternative name for the "Spice Boys" copy of that 6/8 show you have or just a different recording of that show altogether and of lesser quality.

You certainly have my attention...comparing your 6/8 version to both the Dublin '93 and Mexico '97 is a bold statement considering that in my opinion the sound of those bootlegs could only be topped by a commercially produced live album, especially the Mexico '97 show. Those shows are indeed both soundboards so therefore if you believe that the "Spice Boys" is on the same level as those or at least comparable than...I must trade for it immediately!!!!

My e-mail: taxproincea@yahoo.com

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Like someone to blame (edited 11-29-2001).]

henke_149:

Yes, please e-mail me for my trading list! I'd certainly like to check your copy of 6/8 out! At last count I had over 250 shows on cd to trade...so there is always a chance you may see something you'd like!

taxproincea@yahoo.com

As Blue Room said, all it takes is a cd burner!

Edge has stated many times since Zoo tv that u2 have no interest in releasing a live album. The band believes that their live work should be experienced visually as well as in audio. Therefore, a tour like zoo tv or popmart would not make sense if you heard it on cd. You need to see the visuals. Both those tours and even elevation were more like plays than an actual concert. Each song in the set as well as their visuals had a purpose and meaning. Zoo tv would sound weird on cd if they put 12 songs only from the concert.

My guess is that u2 have soured on live albums after Rattle and Hum's reaction

What your are saying makes sense. But if U2 really felt that way why did they release the Popmart Mexico City show on CD to Propaganda subscribers? Under that logic they are releasing crap to their fans. If they really felt it wouldnt be good without the visuals. They also would not have agree to so many FM broadcasts of Zoo TV and Popmart.

I think it boils down to the fact that live albums typically dont make alot of money. Now with DVD technology they can have the same high quality audio of an official CD release, along with the visuals. So you may not see an official live CD only from U2 again as a result. I think you will however see a DVD from any tour they do in the future.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 11-30-2001).]

In some ways it does make sense to release a live DVD rather than a live CD -- audio and video, so everything is covered. It limits the options, though. On the Elevation tour, they obviously did not have a film crew at every show -- they were locked into releasing the Boston show as the DVD because it was the one that was filmed. If they made a live CD, on the other hand, they would have dozens of shows to choose from and could pick the very best moments from the tour. (And, of course, if U2 were to compile a retrospective live album at some point, they would be dealing with shows that exist only as recordimgs, not as films or videos.)

Does anyone have the the best copy of Boston 4 available to trade? I was at the show and I have a copy which is good, but from what I'm reading there's better...thanks

Good question, Melon.
It occured to me while shifting through some Rolling Stones albums at a used record store how many live lps the Stones have put out. I counted at least 5 spanning the stores shelves and that doesn't come close to the total...???...If the Stones can put out a new live lp every tour, why can't U2?

The best thing I noticed about the Stones' live lps was that the track list was full of unfamiliar songs. Songs I'd never heard of, and I know ALL of the Stones' hits. Everything from Satisfaction to The Harlem Shuffle (LOL)...If U2 starts releasing live albums I would hope they'd follow the Stones and fill the album with oddities, rather than simply hits.

Because U2 are not the Stones.
wink.gif
Seriously, the Stones have a tradition of releasing a live album after every tour and have done so since the early 70's. U2's tradion has been to release a concert video after every tour so that trend continues for them. I would not be surprised though after The Stones next tour (rumored to be next year sometime) you wont see them switch to the same type of format and just release a DVD.

What U2 could do is like they did for Popmart and release a live CD for Propaganda subscribers only.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 12-06-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom