"U2 were a lot more fun when they were having Sex....."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ya whats up with that i think u2 knows that they will never surpass zootv live and same goes for achtung baby so they are keeping it for when they are not together as a band !!!

im just waiting for zootv live dvd!! dont like the new album and dont think the new tour will be as good as say ohh whats that yp zootv!!!!!!

beli said:
Theres a bit of an abscence of darkness there.

thats it right there!! thank you. i've been trying to work it out!
not that i dont like/love the album, but darker and sexier AB style is sooooo great.
i miss that

Maybe I'm just a U2phile all around, but I find HTDAAB pretty sexy--much of the album, I think, has a very intimate, if not out-and-out sexed up, vibe to it. That intimacy makes it sexy to me, even if the songs aren't "Mysterious Ways" or "Babyface."

I think "Original...", "Miracle Drug," "Vertigo," and "Love and Peace..." all have a sexy feel to them--though certainly a different kind of sexy. More mature, more contemplative. But maybe I'm crazy. :shrug:

Re: Re: "U2 were a lot more fun when they were having Sex....."

doctorwho said:
And I'm sure Adam and Larry were up to their usual sex. ;)

But my point is, I think in terms of sex, the members of U2 were, uh, more active at other times - not during the creation of AB.

Wasn't Adam still with Naomi Campbell during Pop? That's some groovin' bass during Please.

beli said:

Just a side note, not really relevant. But just because someone is going through "a messy separation" doesnt mean theres a lack of sex. Quite the contrary with some people. I dont know the facts of this particular case, nor am I interested but, ummm, yeah, divorce doesnt mean death. :huh:

And no one said it did... we are just speculating. ;) After all, this whole thread is speculation.

I will disagree with the person who said that the ZOO TV lifestyle killed Bono's looks and voice! Sheesh - talk about insulting, and, IMO, erroneous. I think the women of PLEBA will strongly disagree with you regarding the looks. And there are plenty of "Pop" era pictures where Bono was in probably the best shape he's been in since he was 18 (in contrast, he got rather pudgy with ZOO TV). As for his voice, he really hurt is vocals on the LoveTown tour. When he was able to hit those notes - wow!!! :ohmy: He sounded great! But it took a major toll and often resulted in cancelled shows. From what I've heard so far, based on the album and the live performances, this is the best Bono has sounded since ZOO TV. He's clear, he's not scratchy, and he's hitting big power notes.

Going back to the sex... it's true, Edge could've been with every available woman that came his way in 1991. However, given what we know of the man, I would venture to say it was probably more of a dry spell for him. Maybe that's why AB is such a heavy album - no sex means nasty Edge. ;)

I'm glad that U2 is not pushing a sexy image. First off, they are just too old for that. Secondly, sex is all that you see on MTV/Muchmusic. Today's music culture is "over-sexed". It's nice to have something that is fresh.

Re: Re: Re: "U2 were a lot more fun when they were having Sex....."

ADecentMelody said:

Wasn't Adam still with Naomi Campbell during Pop? That's some groovin' bass during Please.

Nah, I think he was with Suzie Smith at that time. *still is I think*

boosterjuice said:
I'm glad that U2 is not pushing a sexy image. First off, they are just too old for that. Secondly, sex is all that you see on MTV/Muchmusic. Today's music culture is "over-sexed". It's nice to have something that is fresh.

I totally agree with you, you dont need sex to write great music. You dont need drugs to write great music, and you dont need to party to make great music. There album now is back to there glory days of Boy, October, War, UF, JT RH- They dont need sex to write great music or a sexy image. They have the heart, they have there spiritual beliefs, and they have grown out of that stupid image where people think you have to do drugs or have sex with all the hot woman and party to be a rock star, to write great music. When the true hero is the one that is faithful to his wife, or the one that writes the music from the soul and the heart to uplift people and to talk to people. Maybe spiritually, or help them emotionally through there life, I dont know. But music is much more then the sexy image or the drugs or whatever. My point is, is that U2 has made a great album, without all the sex and drugs, and they dont need that in there image. The greater man is the man who refuses such things, at that is one reason I like U2 so much because there not in it for the drugs, or the beautiful woman(at least I think) and I have a higher respect for U2, becasue they dont have to follow the lifestyle of rockers who think they have to do drugs to write great music. On another point I love Achtung Baby, but I still dont think of it as a Sexy or Drug related album which most of you people do, I guess I have much diffrent interpretations of the songs. U2 rules forever.

Back
Top Bottom