U2 week soon on Channel 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoishot said:
Not long to go now. :hyper: :combust:

Holy mother of Bono's sexy arse :drool:

I Am NOT moving off this settee or C4 in the next week, Celebrity can go to hell :madspit:

U2 week on a "normal" channel? Sooooooooo Excited
:rockon: :bonodrum:

Someone in Britain please utilize the greatness of YouTube if Milan is full version!!!!!!!!

TheQuiet1 said:

:lmao: The Corkhills :rockon:

:wink:

Looks good :up: Certainly better than the laughable Oasis 'week' they've had on this week. :|

Huge Brookie fan here :love: I wish they'd bring it back too :sigh:

It looks to me like the only prog on this week is the Vertigo show

:shrug: :confused:

susanp6 said:

Huge Brookie fan here :love: I wish they'd bring it back too :sigh:

It looks to me like the only prog on this week is the Vertigo show

:shrug: :confused:

Ah I'm just bitter because after the Oasis official website and Channel 4 hyped up an 'Oasis season' it turned out to be just three programmes, one of which was pretty much just what you already got on the Definitely Maybe DVD. But this U2 season seems much more substantial :up:

And Brookie rocked. I watched it during the period that involved Little Jimmy Corkhill going cold turkey from heroin, the gas explosion, the Nat and Georgia incest storyline, Susannah crashing the car and killing the kids, Susannah being murdered by her high heels, Gladys' euthanasia, the Dixon-Corkhill feud...then I stopped watching it during the whole Lindsay Corkhill becomes a gangster storyline as it seemed a bit far-fetched to me! Ah yes, it was a great soap, so cheerful and uplifting!!! :wink:

Oh my god, all that stuff was soooo brill eh! Beth burying her dad under the patio and the first lesbian kiss& Ricky Tomlinson&Sue Johnston :wink: better watch or we'll turn this into a Brookie thread

Heehee!

Brooksides real glory days were when Barry Grant was in it. He made Phil Mitchell and Johnny Allen look like Thora Hird :lol: I also enjoyed it when Billy Corkhill was in it too and got involved in that bank robbery, that was seriously good soap drama. Sad they axed it, but I think the over-sensational storylines finally killed it off.

TheQuiet1 said:
I'm too young to remember Brookie's true Glory Days. :(

Hmmm, in that case your also probably too young to remember when your avatar Zippy (my childhood hero!) and George used to sit outside of the window in Rainbow. Rainbows Glory Days, lol.

Bringing it back round to a U2 related post before I get in trouble from straying the path of all that is U2...

I'm really looking forward to this U2 week, its about time our band had some exposure on UK terrestrial television once again =)

Can't wait to see U2 with June Sarpong, hope she manages to stay awake lol (Bo Selecta fans in the UK will know what I'm saying :wink:)

reggiethedawg said:

Hmmm, in that case your also probably too young to remember when your avatar Zippy (my childhood hero!) and George used to sit outside of the window in Rainbow. Rainbows Glory Days, lol.

Unfortunately, I'm not that young. :wink: I LOVED Rainbow when I was a kid! I got the Rainbow comics from the newsagents, had Rainbow posters, Rainbow annuals-everything. The day it ended in 1992 was a crime against children's broadcasting :sad: Then they had that crappy new version with that blue puppet thing. :tsk: :down: Still at least I still had Postman Pat... ;)

I guess I should add something U2 related now...erm...that A Day In The Life of The Edge looks interesting. :hmm:

Actually having reread your post properly reggie I can see that I'm clearly too young to have had a proper education and been taught to read properly :wink: Yeah, I am too young to remember that. I dunno, you get the best era of soap operas, the best children's TV, what do I get? Hollyoaks and bloody Fully Booked!

Last edited:
TheQuiet1 said:

Unfortunately, I'm not that young. :wink: I LOVED Rainbow when I was a kid! I got the Rainbow comics from the newsagents, had Rainbow posters, Rainbow annuals-everything. The day it ended in 1992 was a crime against children's broadcasting :sad: Then they had that crappy new version with that blue puppet thing. :tsk: :down: Still at least I still had Postman Pat... ;)

Dang, there were Rainbow comics too??!! How on earth did I miss them?! I had one Rainbow Annual, and a Zippy Beanie which I had as joke Christmas present a couple of years back. There was nothing like Rainbow at the time, and has been nothing like it since, legendary childrens education/adult entertainment, the rest of the world has truly missed something special! Ever remember when it was raining during school lunch breaks, and the teachers wouldn't let you outside, so they used to keep you in the assembly hall with lunchtime kids tv on, and how all the kids and even the teachers used to hope and pray it was Rainbow and not Pipkins. Ah, they were the days lol.

I only ever saw about 20 seconds of that crappy new version, and that was enough for me. Did you ever see that rude version they did back in 1982 or something full of innuendo, that they made for a Thames Television in-house Christmas party which found its way into the public domain a few years back, it was on YouTube a few months back, I'm sure it will still be there, classic stuff!

Yeah, I feel for the youth of today. Hollyoaks just doesn't cut it like Crossroads and Emmerdale Farm (as it was then called) used to LMAO!!

Anyway back to U2 lol...

I guess I should add something U2 related now...erm...that A Day In The Life of The Edge looks interesting.

Yeah, this is unmissable for anyone that hasn't already seen it or heard about it. This was up on U2log.com a few weeks ago (who I think were linking to YouTube, so you might find it up there). Bono filmed Edge for the day in Miami I think it was, for a Yahoo sponsored thing on US television. It contains some seriously funny laugh out loud moments of The Edge in action, not wanting to get out of bed in a morning, and beating up a member of the local paparazzi (or Pavarotti as Bono & Edge called them!)

Pipkins rocked too, but it wasn't quite Rainbow now was it? :D

Lets Pretend was my next favourite with guitar hero Christopher Lillicrap :rockon: There was one programme I Despised with a capital D as a kid, Stepping Stones, that was pure evil :yuck:

Nah nowhere near as good as Rainbow 'cos Zippy, George&Bungle rocked didn't they How about Bagpuss? I love that also!

We ought to have this as a thread for children's shows in LS!!

Nah nowhere near as good as Rainbow 'cos Zippy, George&Bungle rocked didn't they How about Bagpuss? I love that also!

We ought to have this as a thread for children's shows in LS!

lol, I was just thinking that or we're gonna have the mods come down on us like a ton of bricks lol, and I need to reminisce some more now this whole thing has started, moving over to the Lemonade Stand, normal U2 service will be resumed in this post shortly I think :D

:lmao: yeah that's what keeps going through my mind as well! Thread hijacking with Zippy :giggle: :dancing:

they just showed a teaser for it a few minutes ago hehe, its was like a sgt pepper sort of thing where the band are amongst cut out models of people (also with the intro to windows in the sky playing in the background)

agreed def looking forward to it. im kinda hoping this interview is similar to that dave stewart thing they did in the states.

The music channel Q had a U2 day yesterday, they played almost every U2 video in chronological order. Here is the list as presented:

New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday [Live from Red Rocks]
Pride (In The Name of Love)
With or Without You
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Where The Streets Have No Name
Desire [Hollywood Version]
Angel of Harlem
When Love Comes to Town
All I Want is You
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
One [Crossdressing Version]
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Numb
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Discotheque
Staring at The Sun
Please
If God Will Send His Angels
Sweetest Thing
Beautiful Day
Stuck in A Moment You Can't Get Out of
Elevation
Walk On
Electrical Storm
Vertigo
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
City of Blinding Lights
The Saints Are Coming

The only major videos they missed were Lemon, Last Night on Earth, All Because of You & Original of The Species. Pretty good for a mainstream channel.

Also, Channel 4 currently have an ident with U2 mixed in with static 2D shapes and the opening to WITS in the background.

Lila64 said:
was just gonna post this...

25th November - U2: Vertigo Live, a 60 minute special to be shown at 23.45

Damn, did anyone see this one, I'd got it in my head that today (Sunday 26th) was in fact the 25th, so didn't tune in, doh!

I'm guessing that this one was highlights from Chicago? I hope I haven't missed anything!

Poor tracklist on that special as I recall:

Vertigo
The Electric Co.
Sometimes
LAPOE
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Streets
Mysterious Ways
OOTS

Back
Top Bottom