U2 was a Jeopardy question last night.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
A Daily Double question at that....
The doofus got it wrong...
The category was rock music...the answer is...
"This band was on Rolling Stone's cover as band of the year 2000...except the year was changed to 2001"
(Or something like that-it was last night)
The doofus guessed Matchbox 20.....

Originally posted by 404 Not Found:

i love being the resident u2 fan in the office lol
Me too! If everyone sees/listens to U2 over the TV or radio, they come running to me to share their adventure
biggrin.gif
My co-workers have even DREAMT with me and U2!! LOL
biggrin.gif

A while back ago, there was another answer=
'this group recorded the song, "The ground beneath her feet" and of course the person got it wrong too! I guess if you're not a U2 fan, you would never get that one.

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
A Daily Double question at that....
The doofus got it wrong...
The category was rock music...the answer is...
"This band was on Rolling Stone's cover as band of the year 2000...except the year was changed to 2001"
(Or something like that-it was last night)
The doofus guessed Matchbox 20.....

I find that most of the people on Jeopardy are book-smart, geeky people who haven't a clue about anything involving popular culture. If you are gonna be book-smart, at least have some common sense in order to relate to the masses around you!

A couple days ago I saw a U2 related question on Jeopardy as well, and one of the contestants actually got it right! It was something like "This album, which featured Mysterious Ways, got our attention in 1991."

People always tell me "new" U2 news. It's funny because the world seems to know 1 week later than a U2 fan.

------------------
I've read you bible, have you read mine?

Originally posted by MBH:
I find that most of the people on Jeopardy are book-smart, geeky people who haven't a clue about anything involving popular culture. If you are gonna be book-smart, at least have some common sense in order to relate to the masses around you!
I took the test for Jeopardy 2 yrs ago, and there is actually quite a lot of pop culture on the test.(there was even a Britney Spears question), so to get on the show, the contestants need to be fairly well rounded.

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
A couple days ago I saw a U2 related question on Jeopardy as well, and one of the contestants actually got it right! It was something like "This album, which featured Mysterious Ways, got our attention in 1991."

You don't need to be incredibly book-smart to do well on Jeopardy. The key here is that the album "got our attention" in 1991--Achtung being German for "attention."

I remember another egregious pun on Jeopardy that went something like this: "This Roman structure was used as a meeting place (and may also contain Laker Girls)."

Clues like this are why hardcore Jeopardy enthusiasts think the show has been dumbed-down and stinks now.

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 05-21-2002).]

Originally posted by Hewson:
Originally posted by MBH:
I took the test for Jeopardy 2 yrs ago, and there is actually quite a lot of pop culture on the test.(there was even a Britney Spears question), so to get on the show, the contestants need to be fairly well rounded.

I'm sure they might be; they just don't present that side of themselves on TV!

i don't think the show has been dumbed down in general, but when they have their celeb weeks and that type of stuff the show is way dumb, and me, a high school kid, can kick the celeb's butts! kinda fun too!

Originally posted by blood red edge:
i don't think the show has been dumbed down in general, but when they have their celeb weeks and that type of stuff the show is way dumb, and me, a high school kid, can kick the celeb's butts! kinda fun too!

"Welcome back to Celebrity Jeopardy. I thought we were done with this, but then Regis Philbin, that mongrel idiot, did a Celebrity Millionaire. And network competition being what it is, I stand before you: a broken and miserable man."

Originally posted by Ana:
Originally posted by 404 Not Found:

i love being the resident u2 fan in the office lol
Me too! If everyone sees/listens to U2 over the TV or radio, they come running to me to share their adventure
biggrin.gif
My co-workers have even DREAMT with me and U2!! LOL
biggrin.gif

Same here!!! The funniest thing is when they ask me if I know a certain song by U2!!!

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

MSN Messenger: zooropa16@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom