U2 - War Future Reissue Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hi my friends.

This thread is for disscussing what stuff would you like to see included on the future War Reissue

(let's assume that the album will get the same treatment as Joshua Tree, that's the album + CD of B-sides, rarities, etc + DVD with a concert plus documentary and videos :yes:

war.jpg

In 2008, this album will be 25 years old (omfg!!) Maybe they will release it sometime next year if Joshua Tree does well. Due to the lack of b-sides/etc songs from the War era, maybe they could do a War/UABRS combo reissue, and then a DVD of Red Rocks concert IN FULL!!!!!!

DISC 1: Original Album Remastered

DISC 2:

1- New Year's Day (Single version)
2- Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop?)
3- Two Hearts Beat as One (Single version)
4- Endless Deep
5- Fire (Live from Werchter 1982)
6- I Threw a Brick Through a Window (Live from Werchter 1982)
7- A Day Without Me (Live from Werchter 1982)
8- Two Hearts Beat As One (Remix)
9- New Year's Day (Remix)
10-previously unreleased track
11-previously unreleased track
12-previously unreleased track
13-previously unreleased track
14-previously unreleased track

DVD

Live At Loreley Rockpalast 1983
Fast Foward 1983 Documentary
Two Hearts Beat As One Video

I think the Under A Blood Red Sky album should be a separate release

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I would expect possibly some outtakes on disc 2. I know there are early versions of Like a Song and SBS, and 2 Hearts. We could see those.

Loreley would be a good choice, especially if Red Rocks is to be released on its own. If not, then I'd guess Red Rocks. US Festival would also be good.

U2girl said:
All I am curious about is Red rocks making it on the DVD.

I think Red Rocks will have its proper release in full on DVD (just like Zoo TV Sydney or Popmart Mexico City)

:yes:

I think they need to remix as well as remaster the albums if possible. I wasn't too impressed with the JT remaster.

This is the album that should be remastered next, in my opinion. The sound on the original cd is really muddy and unclear.

Btw, the forum looks really ridiculous with all these threads, one for each album. I mean, how soon is U2 gonna re-release all these albums??? I really don't see the need for all these threads clogging up the front page. :huh:

U2FanPeter said:
The rehearsal/soundcheck where Adam discovered the NYD riff. it would exist int he U2 archives.

Now that would be interesting, albeit in a fairly limited way. After one listen, we’d be done.

Anyhow, both ‘Surrender’ and ‘Drowning Man’ could definitely do with some dedicated cleaning, as long as they retain their sonic identity that is. Unfortunately, I’m not too sure what that would entail. :wink:

In an 90's interview with Liam Gallagher of Oasis once said that SECONDS was their all-time favourite U2 song and hummed the bass line to Bono.

I think Bono then fell in love and stuck his tongue down his throat.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:

Even as an Easter Egg it could be very cool

I agree, and to be honest, it’d probably be best suited to that. Search and you will find!

Back
Top Bottom