U2 - Wake up! songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeman

Refugee
on a related note to the 'bedtime list' thread, what u2 songs get you up in the am -
i've got a few:
1. bullet live (from the stay single 8/28/93) - that explosive clang at the beginning gets the blood going better than coffee and a cigarette
2. sunday bloody sunday - hard to sleep in when that militant stomp gets going
3. COBL - i like how this song, as a whole, ebbs and flows, by the time it finally recedes, you've been bopping along singing 'oh you look so beautiful tonight' enough that you're not getting back into bed
4. the electric co. no explanation necessary
5. acrobat - sneaks in and beats the shit out of you.
6. some days are better than others - inspires me to get out of bed, i mean, i want to see if the day has a bouncer and won't let me in...plus, you can dance to it.
7. streets - a slow starter for those days you need to EASE into. make no mistake, though, it won't let you sleep through it.
i could probably go on and on...

"Take You Down" is apt, particularly if you're dead and male.

How about the screaming "Wake UP!" from "Dirty Day (Junk Mix)" ? Or "Wake Up" by the Arcade Fire (since it's impossible to hear that now without thinking of the Vertigo Tour)......

Scarlet
The Three Sunrises
Beautiful Day
Elevation
Blinding Lights (Live)
Levitate
Always
Everlasting Love
Original Of Species
Yahweh

I love She's Gonna Blow Your House Down from the Salome Tapes

BETTTER WAAAAAAAAAAAAKE UPPPPPP
BETTER WAKE UP DEAD MAN
BETTER FIND A NEW PLAN
BETTER WAKE UP DEAD MANNNNN

I wake up every morning to Electrical Storm.

I can't stand loud fast music waking me up in the morning...I need something that start out slowly and quietly and then gets louder and faster.

Sometimes I wake up to Staring at the Sun or Streets.

I am liking these threads :wink:

My wake up mix:
Beautiful Day
Yahweh
Until the End of the World (Bono jumping! = me jumping!)
Mysterious Ways
MOFO MOFO MOFO :drool:
Dirty Day
Vertigo
If I'm feeling goofy, the banjo!Vertigo version.
Fast Cars/Xanax and Wine

I definitely went through a phase where I would play Numb (Soul Assasins remix) to drink my coffee to. My roommate thought I was :coocoo:

I am forced to jump when I hear the intro guitar for Until the End of the World

seriously, I have to, I don't know why, but it must be done

Beautiful Day
City of Blinding Lights
Streets
The Electric Co
Out of Control
Mofo
A sort of homecoming ...man that song is awesome

I don't think anyone has said this one yet...

I think One Tree Hill is a great song to wake up to.

I used to use UABRS a lot, and Gloria was good to wake up to, though sometimes my alarm would start on Party Girl and I'd sleep right through it!

I now use the Vertigo single. Both Vertigo and Are You Gonna Wait Forever jolt me awake, Vertigo especially.

It's funny, I used to have this exact discussion with my roomate when I was in college :) My single favorite song in the world to wake up to is Streets.....I think I realized one time as the opening chords come in...it's just so warm, I can't help but waking up with a smile.

Our other option was usually "Rage Against the Machine"....I can't tell you how many times I woke up too, "NER NER NER NER NER NER..PEOPLE COME UP"!! That gets you going too, but for some reason a little angrier:scratch:

I think that I should've thought about waking up to U2 a long time ago and am now glad that I can steal all of your lists :wink:

Sunday Bloody Sunday (live)
Streets
Mofo
Discoteque
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
Alex Descends
Walk On

and many more.

I have a playlist on my ipod for the morning :up:

Now I want to program my CD player to wake me up to some U2 song... Usually I wake up to the radio...

I think Love and Peace or Else would get me up pretty fast, though. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom