U2 Vinyl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cs0rpc

Babyface
Anyone know where I can get some of the earlier U" albums new and sealed on vinyl. I know the Joshua Tree has just been reissued, but what about things like Achtung Baby in particular. I tried to order recently, but was told it was deleted. :(

Try an old record store in your town... we have one, and I got UF, AB and JT there.. they also have Boy, October, War and I'll be getting them sometime in the future ^^

Depends on where you are. Tower Records (yes it still exists here) in Dublin stocks a good few of the albums, as do the various second-hand vinyl shops around the city centre (especially in Temple Bar). I'm not sure it's correct that they've been deleted, since I got my copy of the Unforgettable Fire only about a month ago, brand new, in Tower, and they have a good few other albums, all brand new.

cs0rpc said:
Anyone know where I can get some of the earlier U" albums new and sealed on vinyl. I know the Joshua Tree has just been reissued, but what about things like Achtung Baby in particular. I tried to order recently, but was told it was deleted. :(
you just told someone in another thread where to find these items. how can you forget where to find these already :eyebrow:

"The Joshua Tree" on vinyl with a powerful sound system is simply stunning.

CDs suck, mp3s are atrocious.

Spend the money and get "Bomb" and "ATYCLB" on vinyl, the differences are amazing, much warmer sounds (particularly Kite and OOTS)

^ I got both of those brand new sealed on ebay, the prices were not that bad actually :up:

Also the packaging is really great with all the nice extras like the big books that come with them, reminds me of olden days. :wink:

Last edited:
When I have bought it on ebay the shipper usually uses some sort of special cardboard shipper that folds into a flat box shapped like an LP. (When you unwrap it it's not really a box but more like a tri-folded piece with two smaller flaps to cover the ends, hard to explain, hope it makes sense :huh: ) but it does seem to be made for that purpose because of the perforations in it so it folds to that size. I havent had any problem with buying vinyl/shipping yet, and I have bought a lot that way over the years.

where do you find those damn cardboard shipper thingies! :scream: whenever i buy records on ebay they always use them, and yet i can never find them.

oh well, i've only sold a whopping two records on ebay, only because i had dupes.

cs0rpc said:

i doubt any vinyl releases prior to ATYCLB can be found new and sealed in vinyl unless you're lucky. i was in back in 2006 when i randomly found a copy of the passengers album new and sealed at a record shop for only 7 dollars.

i still havent opened it and listened to it.

Back
Top Bottom