U2: Vertigo---Live in Chicago...and how it was a shot of adrenaline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
theu2fly said:
Chicago's saving point could have been Party Girl. COULD HAVE.

Exactly
The thing is that the majority of those purchasing a concert DVD will be true fans. Party Girl showed the band interacting with fans and playing a great full band version of the song. It would have been a nice nod to the fans who know every song

I also didn't like that they didn't show the full effects of the stage/light curtains/video screens during the zoo encore

Plus the last show of that week was the far superior show even if Bono's voice was starting to wear thin. Even though I wasn't in GA it still ranks as one of the best shows I've seen if only for the extended version of Bad.

Last edited:
I think it was a very rounded show - the setlist was good (okay would have been ALOT better had party girl been on the dvd, but stuff from boy, stuff from the 90's, new stuff.. a healthy mix) and the amazing stage/curtain of lights on this tour bumped it up from an ok-ish dvd to a great one. Plus the LAPOE drumming, and the amazing COBL opening, really did capture the vertigo tour atmosphere.. it did for me anyway!

Back
Top Bottom