U2 Vaults

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickFly

Refugee
Lets just say out of fantasy that bono, adam, the edge, and larry let you have a few days to look through the vaults of film and audio footage that has been built up through the years, and in that time they would actually let you copy what you wanted in that given time period. what would you go for?

sounds good, i would like every show i have been to. some zoo, early years stuff, and basically anything and everything. one thing though i would like to get some of the IN THE STUDIO type of things i have seen clips of like videos of them working on achtung baby which i have seen various clips of.

All the 92 Zootv Shows. Would love to see Wild Horses when it had the big Guitar Solo instead of UTEOTW at the beginning of the tour.

Also The Joshua Tree Shows From when they Toured Europe and also the 3rd leg when they played One Tree Hill.

The last 8 Lovetown Shows.

Anything pre-JT, and anything from Australia or New Zealand. Plus all the 11 O'clock, Bad, and JT WOWY I can get.

Anything that has to do with War. I love War era U2 and I can't seem to find too much on video :( I would kill to see Under a Blood Red Sky in it's entirety.

Oh and also maybe a little Zoo TV too :D

ZooTv outside broadcast rehersals with Acrobat

Zooropa rehersals with Red-Fly

Brisbane 1993 video/audio!

Popmart rehersals with Stay

All the ZooTV shows with "Lemon"

RHMT Video

All Lovetown Videos and previous, especially UABRS and War

The Irish Drinking Songs!

i want to see the LA sports arena show again. josh tour. april 1987.

because it's been so long i can barely remember it.

Give me all of the B-sides that had been made for albums but never put out!

-Wake Up Dead Man-.......Zooropa version

I'd like to see all the JT outtakes put on a DVD with Outside It's America and any other similar footage, plus the RHMT video :love: I also would love more AB stuff and anything old, vintage and unseen from the earliest days. Oh, and Amnesty International and Live Aid. Hey, why not a career history thing of all of these?;)

All the footage shot for Rattle and Hum, All the ZOO TV shows I was at (Indoor and Outdoor),

Any other Pre JT proshot videos not surfaced.

3rd leg video of JT

RickFly said:
Lets just say out of fantasy that bono, adam, the edge, and larry let you have a few days to look through the vaults of film and audio footage that has been built up through the years, and in that time they would actually let you copy what you wanted in that given time period. what would you go for?

This questions doesn't make sense to me. How can I answer this when I don't know what's in the vault? Even U2 themselves don't have a decent quality mastertape recording of Gloria (they are all worn out) - that's why they didn't get to add the song for the Best Of 1980-1990. So only God knows what are in those vaults, if there are any. Also, you haven't defined what you mean by "few days". Perhaps that might be enough to copy everything in their vault if their vault is pretty empty.

But just to try to give some sort of answer to this unanswerable question, I'd probably try to find footage of what Adam was doing (or overdoing) the night before his woeful missed gig in Australia, Zoo TV. Then once I've copied it, I'll sell it to the British tabloids. That should make me a good sum of cash.

Cheers,

J

Re: Re: U2 Vaults

jick said:

This questions doesn't make sense to me. How can I answer this when I don't know what's in the vault? Even U2 themselves don't have a decent quality mastertape recording of Gloria (they are all worn out) - that's why they didn't get to add the song for the Best Of 1980-1990. So only God knows what are in those vaults, if there are any. Also, you haven't defined what you mean by "few days". Perhaps that might be enough to copy everything in their vault if their vault is pretty empty.

But just to try to give some sort of answer to this unanswerable question, I'd probably try to find footage of what Adam was doing (or overdoing) the night before his woeful missed gig in Australia, Zoo TV. Then once I've copied it, I'll sell it to the British tabloids. That should make me a good sum of cash.

Cheers,

J

Now that has got to be one of your dumbest responses ever and man is that saying alot!! Your entire first paragraph is just moronic and completely false and the 2nd is the status quo for you. Really is quite pathetic. If you dont understand the question or OBVIOUSLY know nothing about it, why do you choose to post and subject us to this BS? I now why, but man, move on to the Radiohead board or something. You seem to hate them as much as you hate U2.

NY Irving Plaza Multicam. I watched the 1.1cam version last night and watching the 2 cam I Will Follow "feels like heaven". It's so different to all the other things out there and it's an amazing show. It's the only 2000-2001 show I have played just as much as old classics like Rocks Hottest Ticket, New Year's Night or ZooEuropa.

:hmm:

JT and Zoo tv - if only one show just to see what it was like, and I'd like to hear the rest of the "over 100 songs" they wrote for ATYCLB.

Re: Re: Re: U2 Vaults

Blue Room said:

Now that has got to be one of your dumbest responses ever and man is that saying alot!! Your entire first paragraph is just moronic and completely false and the 2nd is the status quo for you. Really is quite pathetic. If you dont understand the question or OBVIOUSLY know nothing about it, why do you choose to post and subject us to this BS? I now why, but man, move on to the Radiohead board or something. You seem to hate them as much as you hate U2.

I'm sorry if I'm such a moron because I don't know what is inside U2's vault. I'm also sorry if I'm completely false (hence a liar) when I declare I have no clue. Asking someone to pick what he likes best in U2's vault is like me asking someone to pick what he likes best in my second drawer in my office table. How can you choose when you don't know what the choices are?

And the 2nd paragraph being status quo? Hmmm I don't quite get your implications of that statement.

Cheers,

J

Jick i agree with blue room, you need to stay at the radiohead forum, and leave u2 forum to individuals who love u2 and there music. and yes my question was very easy to understand. one can only imagine what is inside the vaults and that is what this thread is all about.

Back
Top Bottom