U2 Vaults

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 Vaults

jick said:

I'm sorry if I'm such a moron because I don't know what is inside U2's vault. I'm also sorry if I'm completely false (hence a liar) when I declare I have no clue. Asking someone to pick what he likes best in U2's vault is like me asking someone to pick what he likes best in my second drawer in my office table. How can you choose when you don't know what the choices are?

And the 2nd paragraph being status quo? Hmmm I don't quite get your implications of that statement.

Cheers,

J

LOL, man, I dont even know why I'am responding to this but here goes.

1. If you read the initial thread it is as said by the poster a fantasy (which seems to be obvious to everyone but you)

2. You dont know what is in the vaults or understand the question, ok fine, then why even respond??!! Just so you know, the "Vaults" consist of soundboards of every single U2 show live since 1982. All studio work done since 1981, video footage of the entire 3 rd leg of Joshua Tree, and video footage of every show from Zoo TV to present day and thats just what IS known. I'am sure there is other footage they have from earlier tours as well. How do I know this, because I asked Joe O'Herlihy (U2's head soundman since 1981) about it in person and he confirmed most of it. Dont believe I spoke to him? Ok, fine, there is also an article in Mix Magazine with Joe I believe from 2001 that confirmed the same thing. There is also an article in a book on sound mixing from 1993 where he also confirms this.

3. Please show me your "facts" about why Gloria was not included on the Best Of? How or why would they even wear out the master tape of it and where did you even get this info? If you can provide an article and or link that confirms this I will gladly admit I was wrong on that. But from what has actually been written that I'am aware of. Bono has said that he feels Gloria sounds dated and did not stand the test of time and in fact dislikes the song now. This is why they do not play it live and why they did not include it on the Best Of. IF what you said was true and they really wanted it on Best Of they could re-record it and market it as a new mix. Actually, I would have loved that. If what you said is not true, you just made it up intentially, hence it is a lie.

4. The Status quo means that you constantly look for whatever negative you can find about U2 in just about any situation and/or post, sometimes you even manufacture this negativity (see #3). You also make these ridiculous leaps and presumptions with no validity. IE, Larry had trouble with the tempo on Red Hill Mining Town at a souncheck. Your response? What, did Larry not play it on the album?? What kind of ridiculous leap is that, how are they even remotely the same thing? Maybe you are challenged and/or dont know better. If so, then you need to be told you sound like an idiot IMO so you dont do it any longer. Also the episode with Adam in 93 was obviously something bad that happened. So you automatically pull something bad out. Its a trend on just about every one of your posts. I know exactly what you are doing, trying to stir up people by constantly bashing U2. Then about 5% of the time you will say something good about them so you can say that you are not negative all the time. Isnt being into music and this band about having fun? I think it is for most of us and most of us dont derive pleasure from constant negativity. You do, and its on purpose and I think most people can see right through it and dont want to hear it constantly and as I said before it is an old tired act.

5. I have absolutely no problem with criticizing or not liking everything the band does. But have a valid, factual point that actually makes sense in relationship to what is being discussed on the thread. I dont love every single thing about U2. But I certainly find WAY more positive things about them and their music and I dont seek mostly negative and I dont think most people that would consider themselves actual fans of U2 would do so. Honestly I dont know why you would consider yourself a fan if all you focus on is what you think is bad about them like you are fixated on. I guess if in some sick twisted way you derive pleasure from that it could be enjoyable. But dont expect most of the rest of us to want to hear it or even care that you hate most of what U2 does.

Last edited:
Blue Room, i agree w. you 100%. from now on every single negative thing that jick says unless it is factual, wont be addressed with a response. so in my opinion he is now ignored.

GOD BLESS

anyways.....

I would like to see a documentary type of video, at least 8 hours long, of the various stages during which they recorded POP.
This includes studio footage of edge finding guitar sounds, bono trying different melodies, adam doing bass lines, etc. plus, I want a video camera following bono home at night to watch him write lyrics. I also want to hear the different takes of each tune and why they decided to scrap some and keep others.

RickFly said:
Jick i agree with blue room, you need to stay at the radiohead forum, and leave u2 forum to individuals who love u2 and there music. and yes my question was very easy to understand. one can only imagine what is inside the vaults and that is what this thread is all about.

Stay in the Radiohead forum? I'm not a member of any Radiohead forum. Never was, never will be. They are not worth my time.

Well, I'm supposed to "imagine" what is in te vaults, I think I already gave my answer. I'd like video footage of what it was U2 (more specifically Adam) were onto the night before the infamous Adelaide show.

Cheers,

J

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 Vaults

Blue Room said:

2. You dont know what is in the vaults or understand the question, ok fine, then why even respond??!! Just so you know, the "Vaults" consist of soundboards of every single U2 show live since 1982. All studio work done since 1981, video footage of the entire 3 rd leg of Joshua Tree, and video footage of every show from Zoo TV to present day and thats just what IS known. I'am sure there is other footage they have from earlier tours as well. How do I know this, because I asked Joe O'Herlihy (U2's head soundman since 1981) about it in person and he confirmed most of it. Dont believe I spoke to him? Ok, fine, there is also an article in Mix Magazine with Joe I believe from 2001 that confirmed the same thing. There is also an article in a book on sound mixing from 1993 where he also confirms this.

3. Please show me your "facts" about why Gloria was not included on the Best Of? How or why would they even wear out the master tape of it and where did you even get this info? If you can provide an article and or link that confirms this I will gladly admit I was wrong on that. But from what has actually been written that I'am aware of. Bono has said that he feels Gloria sounds dated and did not stand the test of time and in fact dislikes the song now. This is why they do not play it live and why they did not include it on the Best Of. IF what you said was true and they really wanted it on Best Of they could re-record it and market it as a new mix. Actually, I would have loved that. If what you said is not true, you just made it up intentially, hence it is a lie.

4. The Status quo means that you constantly look for whatever negative you can find about U2 in just about any situation and/or post, sometimes you even manufacture this negativity (see #3). You also make these ridiculous leaps and presumptions with no validity. IE, Larry had trouble with the tempo on Red Hill Mining Town at a souncheck. Your response? What, did Larry not play it on the album?? What kind of ridiculous leap is that, how are they even remotely the same thing? Maybe you are challenged and/or dont know better. If so, then you need to be told you sound like an idiot IMO so you dont do it any longer. Also the episode with Adam in 93 was obviously something bad that happened. So you automatically pull something bad out. Its a trend on just about every one of your posts. I know exactly what you are doing, trying to stir up people by constantly bashing U2. Then about 5% of the time you will say something good about them so you can say that you are not negative all the time. Isnt being into music and this band about having fun? I think it is for most of us and most of us dont derive pleasure from constant negativity. You do, and its on purpose and I think most people can see right through it and dont want to hear it constantly and as I said before it is an old tired act.

2. Thanks for telling me what is in the vault. That should have been posted much earlier so more intelligent responses could have been had in this thread. I won't be interested in U2 releasing any studio work, because all their gems are on the albums. The b-sides are the sort of rejects, and some are still listenable. But if a song didn't make it to a released form during its time (either as album or b-side), then it would definitely wasn't up to U2 standards back then so why would U2 release them now? That would be a total sign of desperation, if a song that wasn't good enough to be officially released, say back in `87 was suddenly released now. Just listen to the Achtung Baby outtakes for example, it is one disjointed piece of trash. But video footage of the entire 3rd of leg of the JT Tour would be great, unfortunately, the first leg would have been better. In the 3rd leg of the JT Tour and much of the Lovetown Tour, U2 were already burned out. As for a Zoo TV release, we don't need a new one because Sydney pretty much covers all the bases, especially considering Zoo TV was a static setlist tour. U2 won't release a ZOO TV leg just to highlight a few songs that aren't on Sydney (like Ultraviolet, Bad, I Still Haven't Found, Desire).

3. As for my facts about why Gloria wasn't released, I read in an official webchat or radio interview with Bono or Adam. I really forgot where exactly. But the problem was more of the quality of the mastertape, which wasn't in resotorable condition.

4. Me looking for negative things about U2? That could be furthest from the truth. If that were so, I would have chimed in here asking for every vault material to be released because it features all of U2's live and studio bloopers. Too many people want U2 to release every unreleased stuff, without regards to quality of material or how it will tarnish the image U2 has tried to build. So I just made a parody (sort of like how Macphisto makes a parody of the devil) of a hardcore opportunistic self-centered U2 fan (those who want vaults to be released) who wants to make some money by saying I want the Adam wasted video from Adelaide to sell it to the tabloids. I just want to make a caricature out of these self-centered selfish U2 fans who want everything U2 ever recorded on a silver platter no matter what the quality of the material is. Ok, so this is a very rare instance where I will explain my humor.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom