U2 unveil tower plan for new studio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what a bomb!

Refugee
Found this rather interesting snippet...

U2 unveil tower plan for new studio

U2 frontman Bono has launched a call to architects to design the band a new recording studio.

The studio will be at the top of a 60m tower in Dublin's docklands, overlooking the River Liffey.

The site is around the corner from U2's present studio, which they were unable to save at a planning hearing in January.

U2 will nominate a band member to sit on the panel examining architects' proposals for the tower, which should be built within three years.

Can you imagine the inspiration they will get at the top of the tower overlooking Dublin? Sounds cool!

where did you hear this at? Doesnt this mean great things for years to come about U2 music? Or is it a hoax? Is it a form of irony, showing how far removed U2 is from the heart of Dublin with their pie in the sky? Just wondering what this means and if its real or satire. It Really can be taken either way...

Well I read it on BBC teletext last night and found it again to post here on BBC's website, so I don't think its a hoax but I like your doubts! :lol:

This is great news as I have spent a lot of time in the Docklands area where Windmill Lane and Hannover Quay studios are. My sister now lives and works in Dublin and her office is along the Liffey and not to far from Windmill lane studio. Cool place and the tower will be visible from anywhere in the city. I'm not sure if it will be as high as the Guinness Brewery tower. At the Top of the Guinness tower there is a bar with glass windows all the way around giving and open 360 degree view of Dublin and the mountains to the south.

I've heard that U2s new tower/studio will have a bar and a restaurant! Sounds very cool, although there are going to be a lot more people now than before attempting to meet the band, a 60 meter tower with a bar and restaurant is not a very low key place to record a new album.

HelloAngel said:
Check out all new U2 studio info in the U2 News forum :) :wave:

Sorry just had a look and there don't seem to be many threads about it, they are all posted by you

By all means post news in the news "thread" but if someone finds a bit of news let them have their glory! !

what a bomb! said:

yeah all us guys know that you wouldn't mind getting shagged senseless by any member of U2! :wave:

That's putting it mildly. :|

Sorry, should've guessed you were a guy. But we don't discriminate, boys are allowed in there - just think, it could be like having your own sneek peak into the girl's locker room! :ohmy:

How many people here have been to Windmill Lane and Hannover Quay Studio's?

Back
Top Bottom