U2 Tribute band playing Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zonelistener

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Tribute band Elevation from St. Louis is playing in Chicago on Feb. 21 at Joe's Bar (940 W. Weed Street). I guess there will also be a U2 DJ.

Some of you may have met Danno, the lead singer, at one of the shows on the third leg (he was at one of the Chicago shows, Vegas, St. Louis, Miami, etc.)

Should be lots of fun! Danno is a great guy and I've heard he's recruited some good guys to be in the band. Wish they'd play a gig here.
smile.gif

Heh, ditto Sula.. I wish they'd play in my state too.
frown.gif
Hopefully they'll play gigs around the midwest.

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Cool! I saw Danno waiting in line at one of the 3rd leg shows. He gave me and my friend a peace sign.
smile.gif
Unfortunately, I won't be in the Chicago area, but I hope all you Chicagoans have a great time!

Originally posted by zonelistener:
U2 Tribute band Elevation from St. Louis is playing in Chicago on Feb. 21 at Joe's Bar (940 W. Weed Street). I guess there will also be a U2 DJ.

Some of you may have met Danno, the lead singer, at one of the shows on the third leg (he was at one of the Chicago shows, Vegas, St. Louis, Miami, etc.)

DANNO!!!!! YAAAY!!! I met him in Chicago and St. Louis and he's the best. I *so* want to go to this! Any other Chicagoans up for a night on the town?

Sounds Good! I'll give it a whirl!...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

Anyone named Danno is a friend of mine
smile.gif

Yeah, I met him at the Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegas. He was pretty cool.

Awww, mini Bono!! I met Danno too in Vegas, such a great guy. Would love to hear his band sometime. I even have one of his 'business cards' taped to my monitor from last November...

It's almost enough to make a girl want to move back to the chilly midwest!
smile.gif

Sure would love to find out about good tribute band here in Dallas...

yeah, Danno is a total sweetie and a pretty good Bono-look-alike to boot.
biggrin.gif
Here's him and the real thing in Vegas.

3336%3B4%3A723232%7Ffp4%3C%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3DXROQDF%3E2323282%3C2744%3Aot1lsi

Yea, I met him too in line at the October 16th Chicago show. He was a really cool guy. I'd really like to see his tribute band and I'd be interested in meeting up with some people there...

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

Originally posted by U2One:
Yea, I met him too in line at the October 16th Chicago show. He was a really cool guy. I'd really like to see his tribute band and I'd be interested in meeting up with some people there...

Yeah, I was there too, saw a bunch of people lined up to take their picture with him. Too bad my friend forgot his camera.

Hey U2One, you aren't by any chance a student at UIC, are you?

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by U2One:

Yeah, that sounds good. What would be a good time to show up, do you think? The band comes on at 10pm, but I assume we'd want to get there before that. Thoughts?

Hey just thought I'd post a little bit of an "ad"...I flew down to STL to see him at his first gig...I didn't wanna miss it!!! I got to watch them rehearse and everything! And let me tell you for the first time these guys played a gig together..they did GREAT!!!! Dannos sportin some new outfits, including zoo tv and mirrorball man. Blew me away!!! next closest thing to the real U2 since they are unavailable at the time! His "Edge" only had 3 weeks to learn all his parts...and they pretty much all Look like their characters....We dyed "Larry"s hair blonde...and out of nowhere some beautiful girl started belly dancing with him in the middle of mysterious ways....it was perfect! and not even staged!! I am DEFINITELY recommending anyone available should go see this show, (And I'm not just saying that cuz theyre my friends!!! Really!) and/or future shows--I think they may be playing quite a bit in Chicago in the near future...Lucky you guys!! I will post some pics as soon as I get them developed....Have fun to all who check these guys out!
Ali Rose

Heres some rehearsal photos of Danno with his "Larry" and "Adam". Edge soon to come...and Edges real name is even Dave!!
33372%3B6323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E636%3E268%3EWSNRCG%3D3232386%3A3272%3Bnu0mrj

33372%3B6323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E636%3E268%3EWSNRCG%3D3232386%3A3272%3Anu0mrj

LOL No, Jeff, but I DID offer him my COSTUME!!! If he wanted to find some other girl to do it!! I gotta stop traveling every other weekend and get back to my Minneapolis life and jobs!!! Plus he'd Probably make me dye my hair black and I don't want to do that! haha
Ali Rose

HEEEYYYY y'all...

Well, I was at the big debut last weekend in STL also and can not WAIT for tomorrow. I even get to have Danno and Lynn Mullen Jr. sleep at my humble abode!!

There are going to be 2 sets - and the first one starts at 9 pm...with an Aerosmith Tribute band opening up at 8 pm. SO - get there early!

Hope to see lots of Intereferencers!!

peace, love and Elevation,
Megan

------------------
Megan

"Your earth moves beneath
your own dream landscape"

Originally posted by Party.Girl:
HEEEYYYY y'all...

Well, I was at the big debut last weekend in STL also and can not WAIT for tomorrow. I even get to have Danno and Lynn Mullen Jr. sleep at my humble abode!!

There are going to be 2 sets - and the first one starts at 9 pm...with an Aerosmith Tribute band opening up at 8 pm. SO - get there early!

Hope to see lots of Intereferencers!!

Megan

Oh, I so shouldn't be going out on a Thursday night, but I so am. Wild Horses could not keep me from this
wink.gif

------------------
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean...

Drugs are garbage...just REFUSE.

Ok. If anyone still cares, here's my little review:

My night of faux Elevation began when I walked into Joe's bar and the first person I saw was a girl I met at the St. Louis show. A good sign. She led me up to where the band was getting ready (somewhere, we subsequently found out, we were not supposed to be) and I said hi to Danno and "Larry Lynn Jr." Danno recognized me from the Chicago and St. Louis shows, which was oddly thrilling, and then we went to wait for them to come on stage.

I must say, I was quite impressed with how good the band sounded. They started out, of course, with Elevation and did a very U2-ey entrance with the band walking on to the sounds of the Influx remix. Of course, Danno totally looked the part and "The Edge" (who's real name is Dave, BTW. heh heh) was impeccably dressed with a sparkled numbered shirt, jeans, tennis shoes and a black beanie. "Adam" looked about as much as he could like the real thing considering he doesn't look like he's 40 years old, but he did a great Adam-stance and wore cool camouflage pants. He was also like Adam in that he played the bass well.
wink.gif

In the first set they played a lot of early stuff, like Out of Control, Gloria and Stories for Boys, which I really enjoyed because I'll probably never hear the real U2 play them. They also did good renditions of Stuck, Gone and With or Without You. Bad was an early highlight, with Danno leaping off the stage and singing a snippet of Wild Horses to a female fan (me!) before climbing back onstage and leading the audience in a chant of the chorus from "40".

Let's see, what else. "ZooTV Danno" returned with the band during the second set (there was about an hour gap between the sets, which was odd) and launced into the Bullet/Running to Stand Still one-two punch, complete with a flashlight he shined on the audience during Bullet and the desperate Hallelujahs at the end of RTSS. Discotheque was great. So was Streets, with the mounting intro that U2 always uses. During the encore, Danno came onstage in full Mirrorball Man garb (which was simultaneously hilarious and cool) and did a kickin' version of Desire. To be honest, I don't remember what they closed with (I think the beer and Long Island Ice Tea may have had something to do with that...) but by the end of the show, the floor was crammed with a cheering mass of people. The only songs I felt were really missing were Until the End of the World (a bullfight would have been great) and Kite. And, of course, Acrobat
wink.gif
, but that is mere quibbling.

To sum up: drinks, music and a Bono impersonator. Overall, a fun night. I'd definitely recommend going to see them if you have the chance. They're nice guys and they put on a good show. Yeah.

So much for my "little review".

------------------
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean...

Drugs are garbage...just REFUSE.

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 02-23-2002).]

Okay, we know that Danno looks like Bono, but does Danno SOUND like Bono. That's a much harder task and I'm curious to know if he sounds anything like the real thing?

Originally posted by Danospano:
Okay, we know that Danno looks like Bono, but does Danno SOUND like Bono. That's a much harder task and I'm curious to know if he sounds anything like the real thing?

Actually, he *does* have a somewhat similar timbre to his voice. I'm not saying that I couldn't tell the difference between them or anything. But still, not a bad imitation.

BTW, did anyone else around here acutally end up going to this thing?

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 02-23-2002).]

Thanks for the review HHSC!

I've read some reviews from the U2-Midwest group (sounds like you may have been hanging with them). Great reviews all around. Makes me jealous I couldn't be there.

I went out with Sula and AliRose on Friday night, and we are going to be doing a full court press on local Twin Cities bars to get Elevation to come here. Can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom