U2 touching up "live" releases in the studio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
live "help"

like most bands U2 like to have their official releases sounding as best they can- this isn't new, nor is it confined to U2, plenty of other acts do the same thing

as far as having extra musicians- well so what? If they have the people and/or the technology available to them- then why not use it? More and more bands use technology to enhance the live sound, as long as they're not miming then I don't have a particular problem with it (and we know that U2 don't mime).

Re: live "help"

djparky said:

as far as having extra musicians- well so what? If they have the people and/or the technology available to them- then why not use it? More and more bands use technology to enhance the live sound, as long as they're not miming then I don't have a particular problem with it (and we know that U2 don't mime).

That's lumping together the two things that I think are the real argument here - I want U2 to use as many musicians possible to fill their sound accordingly, but I actually want to see these people physically playing piano or synth or guitar. When it's someone pressing a button under the stage, I feel almost like, well, I could play the album back really loudly, too.. I want to see a performance.

(Obviously the situation isn't this extreme, since the four members of U2 put on a hell of a performance, but I still prefer to know that every note I hear comes from someone I can see)

Back
Top Bottom