U2 Top Of The Flops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favourite performance of One was "live" on Top Of The Pops, ok, not in the BBC studios but via satellite from Florida.
They also did New Years Day live on TOTP, or at least Bono's vocal was live, the band had recorded there parts earlier in the day and were miming to that.

personally I preferred POPMart to ZOO TV as a concert experience
ZOO TV made the better video

I would reckon Blender being full of crap is as much the norm as the incredible way in which just about everything U2 did in the 90s is overrated (and when things are given a devine like status then they truly are overrated) on Interf

I really am not much into that era, sorry. I have seen shows and footage and I don't go for the look or anything, but still I know that there were amazing things about these shows and it is simply WRONG to bash a whole tour only because of some incidents. BTW, I always thought the "Stuck in the Lemon" incident was very funny. Just shows that not everything can be perfect, thank God.

namkcuR said:
I really hate how people base their opinion of a tour that lasted an entire year(a few weeks shy of it, anyway) on two or three isolated incidents, in the process overlooking the many, many, many shows from that tour that went off without a hitch. A lot of those shows were amazing, but a lot of people would never know it because Popmart is always painted in a bad light because of those 'incidents', which were few and far between.

Amen. F**k whoever wrote that article.

Shit article.

And the picture in page 1 proofs it all. Popmart was the last bad ass tour U2 did. After that they came down to earth.

I would love to have another Popmart please.

Eh, its the same old thing. Popmart is the whipping boy tour for everyone from the press to alot of fans. Its all due to the poor sales performance of POP and U2 not being ready to play at the beginning of the tour. About mid way through the first leg U2 as hitting their stride and Popmart stacked up with any other tour U2 has done from that point forward. But the press and alot of fans decided it was time to rip U2 because they had been up for so long.

Popmart is my favorite tour of the ones I have seen. I liked it alot better than Zoo TV. :shrug:

While I disagree with this article, I do NOT want another PopMart. I felt it was getting to be too much. ZOO TV seemed to find that perfect balance between theatrics and music. PopMart seemed more focused on the theatrics - so much so that it was tough to take the serious songs seriously! Besides, I much prefer the "smaller" settings of arenas.

Fuck Blender.

they seriously think Popmart is the worst tour ever? Most people here probably don't even think it's U2's worst tour, let alone worst tour ever.

Popmart would eat Blender for breakfast

Screwtape2 said:

Visually, it was the greatest concert setup ever over PF's The Wall and ZooTV. Musically, shows could range from great to horrible but mostly great. When you see Popmart Mexico, your life will change. COBL you *must* see a complete Popmart show or your life will not be complete.

I tell you what if I had three wishes at the moment I would be wishing for kick-ass seats to Lovetown, ZooTV and Popmart.

Back
Top Bottom