U2 Top 50 popstars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mo786

War Child
Anyone watch this on Channel 4 (UK) tonight?

I watched it from around 12 onwards I think - I thought U2 would be in the top 12 for sure - for the fact that they have been around for so long and released so many singles - but I either missed them or they didnt even make the top 10 - Robbie Williams did though and he has only been around a couple of years!

I thought it was getting on a bit when they hadn't been before Michael Jackson with around 11m+ sales - then it got to Elvis (18m+ i think) and I was thinking hmm I doubt it very much!

Gave away the fact it was old Cliff coz they had a Cliff show right after that show :)

They were number 48 or 49 - not sure which. I've seen it before, and couldn't believe that Engelbert Humperdinck was higher in the countdown than them.

bloody hell, they released about 33 singles and only made 48?!?!

i spose in the past the old singles used to sell loads and loads - there was a time when u needed hundreds of thousands, but recently the singles market has been dying... the last 6 U2 singles (since beautiful day)

have probably sold less combined than some of their other songs...(thats 3 of their no1s!)

They were 46 I beleive. selling 4.6 million. (Below the Everly Sisters) :ohmy:

To be hoenst tho U2 have always been an album band as opposed to a singles one, where they would figure much higher on the chart. I would imagine near if not in the top 10.

Back
Top Bottom