U2 to play several tracks in London tonight!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He nails the whole song except on the end where he says Your Love show me how..The how part he runs out of breath.

trippy

Bit torrent is the most convenient way to distribute high quality recordings to the masses. Not many people have space to host 163 MB for hundreds of people...

My advice: try to get it when more people are seeding this in a couple of hours.

There's no MP3 of the high quality version yet, because our torrents of the high quality version (which is quite large) aren't done downloading yet :)

i loved all the humanitarian things bono is doing, but is it just me, or is it very refreshing to see him up on stage strumming on that guitar. seems like its been ages since we've seen that sight

boosterjuice said:
we should have an mp3 now of COBL and ABOY

What is "Mystery Girl" song? I've never heard of this one before.

Mystery girl is a bside they wrote for Roy Orbison (Pretty Woman). It's an acoustic track, they've played it on radio and some concerts over the years . it from the early ninties i think, someone correct me if im wrong please.

Soulrock2 said:
Bit torrent is the most convenient way to distribute high quality recordings to the masses. Not many people have space to host 163 MB for hundreds of people...

My advice: try to get it when more people are seeding this in a couple of hours.
People should post it at usenet :)

Good to hear for Bono. I think his voice will be ready for the tour and the new songs. I enjoy singing and so many U2 songs are hard to sing because of the range Bono gets. "I can feel" one of U2's toughest part to sing. I always sound like Peter Brady singing it. :wink:

agree with art director, he nails everything til toward the end, hes a little off rhythm in the second verse but the voice is there. Great performance. After "nobody get hurt" it seems like he runs out breath or something, maybe he was doing something during the performance. Anyway, did anyone notice the "turn it up, captain" isnt there?

coach said:

Mystery girl is a bside they wrote for Roy Orbison (Pretty Woman). It's an acoustic track, they've played it on radio and some concerts over the years . it from the early ninties i think, someone correct me if im wrong please.

Thanks a lot

Headache in a Suitcase said:

she's a mystery to me... written by bono and the edge for roy orbison

The song wasn't actually written for Roy Orbison but for an album(?) but was later given to Roy Orbison because he asked Bono for a song for his upcoming album or am I completely off track here??

U2One said:
i loved all the humanitarian things bono is doing, but is it just me, or is it very refreshing to see him up on stage strumming on that guitar. seems like its been ages since we've seen that sight

Its just good to see U2 performing again. The U2 ride is getting ready to blast off!!!

you guys rule.
thanks for posting that first mp3 gorman.
watching the video is pretty funny, too. bono was rocking a bizarre outfit, but it was totally bono.
awesome stuff.
lucky fans who were there.
hope they do something like this in the U.S. :)

Mystery Girl, which I prefer to know as She's A Mystery To Me, was written in the late eighties for Roy Orbison [or was at least used by him]. U2 played it full band twice on Lovetown and it's appeared acoustically and abbreviated over the years as well.

Bono and Edge co-wrote "She's a Mystery to Me" and Bono produced the song, as well as contributing to guitar. It's on Roy Orbison's CD Mystery Girl from 1989.
Bono and The Edge wrote this song with Roy Orbison in mind. Orbison agreed to record the song and invited Bono to contribute guitar to the recording, and also to work as producer on the track. The track was recorded for what would become Orbison's last studio album recorded before he passed away. The album was released after Orbison's death in 1989. The song written by Bono and the Edge was used to give the album its title.
U2 has performed this song live on several occasions throughout their career, starting with the Love Town tour, and continuing right through to 2001's Elevation tour.

I have an annoucement: I'm officially U2 crazy! I'm skipping out on work in order to hear possible new track leaks. Funny thing is, most of you are probably doing the same.

U2_Guy said:
Bono and Edge co-wrote "She's a Mystery to Me" and Bono produced the song, as well as contributing to guitar. It's on Roy Orbison's CD Mystery Girl from 1989.
Bono and The Edge wrote this song with Roy Orbison in mind. Orbison agreed to record the song and invited Bono to contribute guitar to the recording, and also to work as producer on the track. The track was recorded for what would become Orbison's last studio album recorded before he passed away. The album was released after Orbison's death in 1989. The song written by Bono and the Edge was used to give the album its title.
U2 has performed this song live on several occasions throughout their career, starting with the Love Town tour, and continuing right through to 2001's Elevation tour.

:yes:

I have it on a bootleg from the Elevation Tour(Boston methinks) where Bono hits such high notes that it makes my speakers cringe.

Back
Top Bottom