U2 to play Medley of songs at VMA's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's news from youtwo.net today.

NY Post: U2 to play a 'medley of hits' at VMAs
http://www.nypost.com
September 2, 2001
Condensed from The New York Post:

MTV vets U2, nominated for Best Group Video for
"Elevation Remix," will play a medley of hits.

I think that they should start out with Elevation, go into the guitar solo from the Fly into Streets, and end it with an acoustic piece of Stuck. What do you think?

------------------
Your love was like a light bulb..hanging over my bed.

As cool as this sounds, and as hopeful as I am that this will actually happen, I just don't believe it. It's not something MTV would do.

I hope I'm wrong though!

Mmmm medley.

I hope this is true, of course, as it would be immensely sweet. But with the rumours that they will be opening the show, it seems a little less likely.. but we'll see.

A medley? That would be GREAT!
biggrin.gif

Hmmm, how are they gonna pull that off?
confused.gif

Maybe you're right Skeek!

skeek, to my knowledge there are NO rumors about them starting the show-everyone here has just got a big hard-on for that idea, so it's nothing set in stone.

maybe theyd do a four song set like they did at the brit awards?

------------------
-deathbear

I wish they would just do the tribute, then do one Brittany song (cause she is hot and we wanna see her dance) and then let U2 pefrorm for the rest of the thing. Screw all that other shit(e).
rolleyes.gif

At least we get to see U2 blow away n'suck!
mad.gif

why why why

this band is going to absolute shit.
what a cop-out, what a concession, what a stupid teen-act type of stunt to pull.

I will lose a lot of respect for the bastard boyz if they actually go through with this. they absolutely go along with anything anyone wants now, its their plan for renewed success apparently. do any TV show, any movie, any video, any theme song- as long as it makes you the "BIGGEST BAND IN THE WORLD!! WOOOOHOOO!!!". it's ridiculous. just play one song. even if it's crap, play one song. why do some nsync type of medley? you're a band aren't you? play a song. all the way through. no stopping. even if it has a cheesy bridge, just do it and don't bow down to the (very low) alter of today's MTV.

it used to be that U2 changed their image, their style, their feel with each record. now these grown men, obsessed with being the most popular kids in school, are just become hypocrites.

if the next album/tour sports these same type of trends, I'm jumping ship. and I'm sure many of you will welcome both of those developments.

Originally posted by TylerDurden:
Yeah, they should come on right after NSync. Just blow those fuckers right out of the water.

OH GOD! I sure hope they're not planning a duet like n'suck did with Aerosmith at the SUperbowl!!!!!

mad.gif

Then i might agree with the little bastardly person!
wink.gif

This actually seems pretty logical. The Video Vanguard award they are getting is for the work they've done in their entire career. When the Rolling Stones got it, they did a medley so it won't be surprising to see the boys do the same thing. And I think it will be awesome and at least remind people that good music still sounds fresh ten years later [Mysterious Ways, WOWY, etc.]

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

I'd like to see a 2 hour, 22 song "medley"...

------------------
If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it.

This is.. uh... we don't play this tune... gonna be f*cked up!

Actually, I think it will be a medley of

Stateless/Ep and America/Elevation

The crowd will be eased into sleep then SMACKED in the face!

------------------
If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it.

This is.. uh... we don't play this tune... gonna be f*cked up!

Originally posted by sharky:
This actually seems pretty logical. The Video Vanguard award they are getting is for the work they've done in their entire career. When the Rolling Stones got it, they did a medley so it won't be surprising to see the boys do the same thing. And I think it will be awesome and at least remind people that good music still sounds fresh ten years later [Mysterious Ways, WOWY, etc.]

That's a good point!

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Well, I would love it if they did a medley!! But one song is just as cool! U2 ROCKS!!!!!!

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by mikal:
The VMAs should have a heart then!

If it is a medley and a career spanning award, then they should not only have a heart but also a lemon that goes around the heart.

Originally posted by z edge:
If it is a medley and a career spanning award, then they should not only have a heart but also a lemon that goes around the heart.

That would kick ass!

Yeah, and they should have one of those cannons shootin' out the ZooTV money right next to Adam to scare the shit outta him like in the Live from Sydney video. *lmao*

------------------

Originally posted by christiana:
I heard that the mirrorball lemon is still somewhere in this world....

---------------
tongue.gif

It was in my backyard but the neighbors complained and the city code enforcement told me to get it the fuck out of my yard, said it was an "eyesore". Plus, moving it made room for naked sprinkler parties!

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Yeah, and they should have one of those cannons shootin' out the ZooTV money right next to Adam to scare the shit outta him like in the Live from Sydney video. *lmao*

Maybe MacPhisto will return and call up BUSH for old times sake!!!!!!

Maybe MacPhisto will return and call up BUSH for old times sake!!!!!!

Old Bush or new?
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
I'd like to see a 2 hour, 22 song "medley"...

YEAH!

...with a two song "medley" encore...
biggrin.gif

(from tkramer & raincloud...
smile.gif
)

------------------
"you know we got a stormy kind of love..."

Back
Top Bottom