U2 to play live in Phoenix Park TOMORROW!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazyboy

War Child
Seriously, a tiny possibility.

Hehe, tiny, cos no plans whatsoever for a U2 gig, but what IS happening tomorrow evening is a huge gig/celebration in Phoenix Park to welcome home and congratulate the BOYS IN GREEN!
Apparently they wanted a Bus top through the streets thing with reception at College Green by Trinity, but that got the no no cos of security reasons. So Phoenix Park it is, from 6pm tomorrow the stuff gets going, the stage is all set up and everything.

But will U2 play?! I dunno, but the organiser was on the news saying "every top band in the country has offered to play a part in this" and I hope he wasn't refering to Westlife when he said top band, obviously that's U2! Dunno if they are even in the country! But given the fact that they are huge footy fans, and the fact they wanted to play Phoenix Park, and also the quote from Bono at Slane2-"thanks most of all to the best support act we could ever have, The Irish Soccer Team!!!!! Hopefully next time we'll be supporting you guys"

Could it be?!?! Hehe, I doubt it, but there is a chance! Not a chance of me being there, but it will be televised, so fingers crossed! Even one song!

And Ireland are the greatest fooooooootball teaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam, Oleeeeeee oleeeeeee oleeeeeee oleeeeeeee

lazyboy said:

But will U2 play?! I dunno, but the organiser was on the news saying "every top band in the country has offered to play a part in this" and I hope he wasn't refering to Westlife when he said top band,

And Ireland are the greatest fooooooootball teaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam, Oleeeeeee oleeeeeee oleeeeeee oleeeeeeee

LAZYBOY......thats terrrible......Westlife are the 4th top Irish band after the pogues and boomtown rats.....excellent wee concerts they have...i like them :|

Oh and yeh Ireland rule :D :D :D

(look its keanooooo down there)

they are playing:

Westlife are set to lead the pop world's tribute to Ireland's World Cup soccer squad in Dublin.

The group will head the list of performers at an open air concert being staged at Phoenix Park.

Tens of thousands of Irish soccer fans are expected to pack the venue to welcome home their World Cup heroes.

Bands Bellfire and Six will also play.

Gar Holohan, of the architects firm called in to organise the event, said: "We are trying to make sure the players are the main focus.

"We are trying for something that will combine the football and entertainment worlds."

The bands will play for close on two hours before the players arrive by helicopter from Dublin airport, following their late afternoon arrival there and private reunions with their families. Weather prospects were uncertain for the big show, with occasional showers forecast nationwide.

Hopes that the team might parade through the centre of Dublin in an open-top bus were scuppered by fears for the safety of the supporters expected to be on hand to greet the squad.

According to some estimates as many as 100,000 soccer faithful could crowd into the park for the occasion, which is to be shown live on Ireland's state-backed RTE TV network.

The whole area will be closed to traffic from around mid-day and a fleet of 150 buses is being laid on to transfer the crowd from the centre of Dublin.

Me is going, me is going!! I have VIP tickets LOL That does not mean too much tho, I could be a little closer to stage and a few free drinks, that's all. But it's gonna be fun anyways :D

Re: Re: U2 to play live in Phoenix Park TOMORROW!?

bono-vox said:

LAZYBOY......thats terrrible......Westlife are the 4th top Irish band after the pogues and boomtown rats.....excellent wee concerts they have...i like them :|

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! Ahem, top Irish bands, U2, Thin Lizzy, Rory Gallagher, Cranberries, Clannad, The Frames, David Kitt, Damien Rice, The Corrs even, Revs, Wilt, Ash, JJ72, Snow Patrol, Divine Comedy and about a million other proper BANDS! Westshite are nowhere! They aren't even a band, seriously, they are an act, a band writes their own songs and plays their own instruments, Westlife are merely a bunch of dancers who have ok voices. Sorry, but that is a pretty weak argument, please please tell me you are joking:huh:

You are 16 or so right? Well give it a few years, and Westlife will be long gone:)

I'm sure they're lovely lads, but if you talkin musicians, they have zero respect in my book.

That's like putting NSYNC in the top 5 US bands ever!!!

And back to the gig, grrr, I knew those twits would be headlining it, man whores:wink:

At least Apres Match are there!

and see the pictures from there on the news? Kick ass! U2 GOTTA play a gig there soon, soooooooooooooo much room, jaysus, they can fit like a million people in there, imagine 1 million people singing to Elevation and Streets!!!:ohmy:

Re: Re: Re: U2 to play live in Phoenix Park TOMORROW!?

lazyboy said:

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! Ahem, top Irish bands, U2, Thin Lizzy, Rory Gallagher, Cranberries, Clannad, The Frames, David Kitt, Damien Rice, The Corrs even, Revs, Wilt, Ash, JJ72, Snow Patrol, Divine Comedy and about a million other proper BANDS! Westshite are nowhere! They aren't even a band, seriously, they are an act, a band writes their own songs and plays their own instruments, Westlife are merely a bunch of dancers who have ok voices. Sorry, but that is a pretty weak argument, please please tell me you are joking:huh:

Im 17 thanks! :D

Howl on right top irish bands IMO

1. U2
2. Boomtown Rats
3.Pogues
4. oooh man THE REVS
5. Cranberries

JJ72 omg u have to be joking and ash as well are awful.....they sound like drowning cats!!!!!

I know Westlife are dancers who get their songs written for them but ye know they have 1 fun song lol :rolleyes: im a hoooooige fan ;)

Back
Top Bottom