U2 to play in Germany

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My brother's girlfriend's 2nd cousin has an old roommate that ran into a guy at a bar that said he was the cab driver who took Bono's hat to the airport.

internets_thumb.jpg

My best friend's brother knows this guy who's going with this girl who has a cousin who saw Bono pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

So I guess it's pretty serious.

The only substantiated info that I have seen about this is that Edge might accompany Bono to the P8 concert this Thursday in Rostock.

This may very well be true because Edge has accompanied Bono to similar concerts like this one before but I have heard nothing about Adam and Larry coming.

Maybe the guy just got the info about Bono and Edge and assumed that the entire band was coming.

Something to look forward to. :wink:

corianderstem said:
My best friend's brother knows this guy who's going with this girl who has a cousin who saw Bono pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

So I guess it's pretty serious.

Thank you Simone.

That's my favorite line in the movie! Ha ha haaa...

That and when Ferris plays the clarinet horribly while sitting on the bed in that silly hat and says "Never had one lesson!"

:lmao:

Ahem.

Anyway. U2? Germany? Guten tag, meine freunde! Das ist gut, ja?

Bono will show up there - that's for sure. Also that Bono will be on stage together with Brangelina.

The rumours about Edge I heard also - might be true. Right now they are recording together, and practise - so I think there is a chance that Bono and the Edge show up together.

corianderstem said:
That's my favorite line in the movie! Ha ha haaa...

That and when Ferris plays the clarinet horribly while sitting on the bed in that silly hat and says "Never had one lesson!"

:lmao:

Ahem.

Anyway. U2? Germany? Guten tag, meine freunde! Das ist gut, ja?

Best line for sure:

"Cameron's so tight, that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in 2 weeks it would turn into a diamond."

Anyway, five bucks Bono either does an awesome duet with someone like Andrea Corr or does something ridiculous like sing with Wyclef again. New Day could be the funniest song I've ever heard, but that's for another thread.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Anyway, five bucks Bono either does an awesome duet with someone like Andrea Corr or does something ridiculous like sing with Wyclef again. New Day could be the funniest song I've ever heard, but that's for another thread.
Agree, I heard the Bono plus Edge story as well, hope it's true.
I don't see many potential duet partners for Bono at this event.
Most likely he'll perform with Edge.
Or everyone involved will perform something together. Maybe a new song called "European Prayer"?

But there are also rumour saying he will be on stage with Brangelina, I just hope he doesn't sing with them.

I really dont think U2 would just drag anyone off the street to do their sound. As far as am aware, Joe O Herlihey is the only guy trusted on the soundboard.

coolian2 said:
If they don't play a full band Red Hill Mining Town i'm going to be very pissed off

:yes: and LemonMelon can make a cartoon about you!

:hmm: I think that Edge will appear with Bono... perhaps something like they did with Pearl Jam in Australia with Keep on Rockin in the Free World?

Or maybe something like they sang at the Clinton Library opening -- "These Are The Hands that Built the G8" doesn't quite have the same ring, though.

I wonder if they will give Youssou N'Dour a seat on their plane since he's performing and he lives in Fez.

according to atu2.com:

June 5, 2007
Posted by: Tassoula

Our friends at U2tour.de have confirmed that Bono will make an appearance this Thursday,
June 7, at a concert in Rostock, Germany. The show is taking place to bring awareness to the
Make Poverty History campaign during the G-8 Summit.

Fellow activist/musician Bob Geldof and several German artists are also scheduled to appear.
The concert will take place from 2:00 – 8:00 p.m. CET.

Follow this link to watch the concert via live stream:

http://www.aol. de/p8

anyone know what time (2:00 – 8:00 p.m. CET.) that will be on the east coast?

Back
Top Bottom