u2 to play free show at olympics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphelmet

Refugee
i just read this on excite.com

1/3/02, 7 a.m. ET) -- U2 is among several bands being approached to perform by organizers of next month's Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, Utah. The Irish quartet is apparently already planning to be in town during the games--which begin February 24--to perform at a private party, although it has not yet been revealed for whom the group will play. Olympics organizers have asked the group to play one of the nightly free concerts at the Olympic Medals Plaza.

Already signed on to perform at that site are Creed, Sheryl Crow, *NSYNC, Smash Mouth, Brooks & Dunn, Marc Anthony, and Martina McBride, and organizers hope to add five more headliners, who will perform before each night's medals presentation. U2, which is slated to perform at halftime of the Super Bowl in New Orleans on February 3, has not yet responded to the Olympics invitation.

-- Gary Graff, Detroit

anyone heard about this? could it really happen?

------------------
jp
what shall i render unto the Lord for all his benefits toward me? i will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord.

Actually, that's been posted on here at least twice in the last few days.
biggrin.gif

No idea if it is actually going to happen or not. You notice they've only been "invited" which doesn't mean they've accepted.

-sula

Originally posted by jphelmet:

Already signed on to perform at that site are Creed, Sheryl Crow, *NSYNC, Smash Mouth, Brooks & Dunn, Marc Anthony, and Martina McBride

Oh good lord! I wouldn't cross the street to see ANY of these people!

------------------
...the highway speaks of deserts dry...

sorry if this is old news, i havent been here to often lately.

------------------
jp
what shall i render unto the Lord for all his benefits toward me? i will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord.

Back
Top Bottom