U2 to play at Ronaldo's wedding???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thanksandy

Acrobat
I was just listening to a UK radio station called Talksport and the spanish football correspondent said that their was a strong rumour that U2 were to play at Real Madrid striker Ronaldo's wedding. Could this be true? How could they get a band like U2 to do that?

All you need is money. U2 is a professional band. They write music and do concerts for money. If you can afford them then I'm sure they will play for you. Obviously, Ronaldo is filthy rich.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
All you need is money. U2 is a professional band. They write music and do concerts for money. If you can afford them then I'm sure they will play for you. Obviously, Ronaldo is filthy rich.

Cheers,

J

That's right. Their rendition of Where the Streets Have No Name at Saddam Hussein's birthday party 4 years ago was particularly poignant and will stick in my memory for years to come.

paulrg said:

That's right. Their rendition of Where the Streets Have No Name at Saddam Hussein's birthday party 4 years ago was particularly poignant and will stick in my memory for years to come.

Is that true?

starsgoblue said:

Hey Beau...look up 'gullible' in the dictionary...I think they got your pic in there, love.

:lmao:

*blushes*
I've always been way too gullible :help:
now, pardon me while I crawl under my duvet in embarassment.

Last edited:
paulrg said:

I prefer U2's performance of Mysterious Ways with all the belly dancers in the private party of the Sultan of Brunei back in the Zoo TV era where U2 secretly flew to Brunei in between tour stops.

;)

Cheers,

J

Jimmy Buffet and the Rolling Stones both have done private concerts (I think they were birthday parties for American CEO'S) in the past few years for $500,00 to over $1,000,000.

UnforgettableLemon said:
Aren't there always rumors about U2 doing wedding shows around album releases? I seem to remember one around ATYCLB

they only do it for close friends

paulrg said:

:lmao: Oh my god that's great!!!!! :laugh:

I have said this before, I´ll say it again. There´s no truth whatsoever to this rumour. Seems that Ronaldo expressed a wish, something like "I would love to have U2 playing at my wedding" to the newspaper O Globo, and the brazilian journalist (more like a gossip columnist, actually) took it at face value and soon these "news" were spreaded all over. That´s all folks.

MT

Thanksandy said:
I was just listening to a UK radio station called Talksport and the spanish football correspondent said that their was a strong rumour that U2 were to play at Real Madrid striker Ronaldo's wedding. Could this be true? How could they get a band like U2 to do that?

Could you imagine having U2 playing at your wedding! Clearly they wouldnt be doing it for the money. For the occasion and experience? why not?! If they are good friends with Ronaldo or Prince of Brunei or whoever - then who is to say they cant play where they want to play?

follower said:
I have said this before, I´ll say it again. There´s no truth whatsoever to this rumour. Seems that Ronaldo expressed a wish, something like "I would love to have U2 playing at my wedding" to the newspaper O Globo, and the brazilian journalist (more like a gossip columnist, actually) took it at face value and soon these "news" were spreaded all over. That´s all folks.

MT

:yes: :up:

SHould play at El Hadji Diouf's Wedding.....or even better Mart Poom's wedding.

Nah U2 are playing at my wedding in 2012, and you are all invited.

Back
Top Bottom