U2 to play 8 weeks in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If U2 is gonna stay in ANY place for a long period of time, it should be my basement. I've already got it set up for them, actually. There's a drumkit, mic, some extra guitars if they need them (with amps), even a shitastic bass! I think they could play some great gigs in my basement, maybe make a DVD out of it... "U2: Live from Astrid's Basement." I'd be willing to help film. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

What affect would it have (especially on Bono) to go out into the same venue over and over, often staring at the same people, including a bunch of touristy types who've already seen them four or five times?

I thought that's what he was doing anyway everywhere.

Dear pros.....

Thankfully for you this forum has some rules, and i respect them, cause I do like this place.
Therefor I cannot express my true feelings about this subject...
Let's just put it this way: :mad:

:|

bonoed said:
Motley Crew is going to be on a long term thing at the Alladin it said in LVRJ when I was there.

Perhaps when U2 breaks up, becomes fat and bloated, then gets back into shape to earn some more money they can play the Alladin.

Chrisedge said:
This from a guy/girl with Sinatra as his/her avatar?

:applaud:

seriously though, i would want the eight weeks to be right in the middle of summer, so during the day i can see bono passed out at the pool in his speedo and gold chains.

actually, forget eight weeks. they can stay forever, and we can build them their own arena. the "U2 dome" hell yes, U2 as a vegas act. then i won't have to gamble so much anymore.

maybe we can make him mayor :hmm:

VIVA LAS BONO :macdevil:

If they were to do something like that, better to do it in Dublin.

Support Irish tourism
Don't have to leave the family behind
U2 concert for 8 weeks.

"Brilliant!" --Guinness ad dude.

or not?

I'd definitely be moving to Vegas for the duration of their stay. They're too hard to get to so I'd jump at the chance.

nbcrusader said:

Perhaps when U2 breaks up, becomes fat and bloated, then gets back into shape to earn some more money they can play the Alladin.

hmm, you mean Bono, fat and old and playing Vegas...

You know what this means, don't you...:macdevil:

Maybe not such a bad idea after all?

u2 as a sleezy vegas act.. :hmm: nah... been done already.

MacPhisto.jpg

martha said:

Yes! I'll help out too if you live somewhere semi-exciting. :up:

Well, I don't think that matters, because if U2 were there, then it would be more than semi-exciting - it would fuckin' ROCK, man!

Bono by the pool in a speedo and gold chains? :eyebrow: :drool: maybe I can be persuaded to this Vegas thing...

...nah, he can wear all that (well, er, it's not that much...) in my basement :D

It would be absolute genius if they would do it in addition to making an album that went along with it. I always thought they never were completely sold on the PopMart theme and setting up shop in Vegas for eight weeks would certainly have been embrassing the pop art aspects of the show. Establishing something like PopMart or ZooTV in Vegas for eight weeks would certainly be interesting. It'd be one heck of a performance art piece on the level of ZooTV if they did it right. Too bad they're busy being the biggest band in the world to do something so utterly experimental and ironic.

If they just rolled out the heart stage with the lights and the blah blah peace and love stuff then no that would suck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom