U2 to perform @ World Peace One Event.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
"World Peace One" 24-Hour Global Broadcast & Telethon

On 11 August 2007, EarthOne Productions will deliver "World Peace One," the largest humanitarian event ever experienced. The event is currently planned to be broadcast "live" from 15 primary host cities with the support of secondary host cities spanning 24 time-and span 24 time-zones across the world.

Throughout the event's 24-hour broadcast, "World Peace One" will unite the world with music, inspiration, and responsibility. This event will reach more than 3.5 billion people in more than 180 countries through a global distribution grid that includes television and radio networks, Internet and mobile distribution networks, and a humanitarian awareness campaign that can help bring an end to war in our lifetime.

World Peace One is attracting a line-up of international recording artists, actors, athletes, Nobel Laureates, doctors, scientists, diplomats, inspirational leaders, and concerned global citizens who are contributing their time, status and resources to the important cause of Peace in our complex and perilous global environment.

Recording artists that will be invited to participate in the "World Peace One" Event include:

U2, Madonna, Pink Floyd, Carlos Santana, Yes, Shakira, the Rolling Stones, Earth Wind & Fire, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Sting, David Bowie, Lionel Ritchie, the Goo Goo Dolls, Aerosmith, Bruce Springsteen, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Tina Turner, The Eagles, Pearl Jam, Moby, Alanis Morissette, Phil Collins, Eminem, Wyclef Jean, Will Smith, Usher, Mary J. Blige, JZ, Beyonce, Pink, Peter Gabriel, Eric Clapton, Alicia Keys, Lenny Kravitz, Janet Jackson, Baby Face, Greenday, Stevie Wonder, Chaka Khan, Patti Labelle, Aretha Franklin, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Bon Jovi, Outkast, Sarah McLachlan, Enya, Paul Simon, The Dixie Chicks, Willie Nelson, Brad Paisley, Garth Brooks, Rascal Flatts, Tricia Yearwood, Keith Urban, Shania Twain, Martina McBride, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Ricky Martin, Mark Antony, David Bisbal, Juanes, Luis Miguel, Olga Tanon, Alejandro Sanz, Gilberto Gil, Ivan Lins, Barbra Streisand, Bette Midler, Tony Bennett, Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban, Autograph, Jane Zhang, David Lee, Prince Ali; and regional talent popular in many parts of the world.

The event is currently planned to be broadcast "live" from 15 primary host cities that include:

Sydney, Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Mumbai, Moscow, Dubai, Johannesburg, Cairo, Berlin, London, Rio de Janeiro,
New York, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and other Secondary Host Cities to be announced.

JCOSTER said:

Recording artists that will be invited to participate in the "World Peace One" Event include:

U2, Madonna, Pink Floyd, Carlos Santana, Yes, Shakira, the Rolling Stones, Earth Wind & Fire, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Sting, David Bowie, Lionel Ritchie, the Goo Goo Dolls, Aerosmith, Bruce Springsteen, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Tina Turner, The Eagles, Pearl Jam, Moby, Alanis Morissette, Phil Collins, Eminem, Wyclef Jean, Will Smith, Usher, Mary J. Blige, JZ, Beyonce, Pink, Peter Gabriel, Eric Clapton, Alicia Keys, Lenny Kravitz, Janet Jackson, Baby Face, Greenday, Stevie Wonder, Chaka Khan, Patti Labelle, Aretha Franklin, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Bon Jovi, Outkast, Sarah McLachlan, Enya, Paul Simon, The Dixie Chicks, Willie Nelson, Brad Paisley, Garth Brooks, Rascal Flatts, Tricia Yearwood, Keith Urban, Shania Twain, Martina McBride, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Ricky Martin, Mark Antony, David Bisbal, Juanes, Luis Miguel, Olga Tanon, Alejandro Sanz, Gilberto Gil, Ivan Lins, Barbra Streisand, Bette Midler, Tony Bennett, Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban, Autograph, Jane Zhang, David Lee, Prince Ali; and regional talent popular in many parts of the world.

Way too many 'meh' artists for my liking. As impossible as it seems, the line-ups for this might be worse than those for the LiveEarth concerts.

Last edited:
So, a stack of big artists have been "invited". Hell, even I could issue a press release saying that I'm going to host Axver's Rockin' Gig and I have extended official invitations requesting the participation of U2, Pink Floyd, The Police, Genesis, and The Rolling Stones.

I'm skeptical this will even happen, or if it does, whether it will occur on any notable scale. Maybe a handful of artists desperate for a pay cheque will turn up to remind the world they aren't dead yet.

too many big events...

Live Earth and this...

is like the 80's all over again :S

not that the 80s didn't rocked :wink:

Re: Re: U2 to perform @ World Peace One Event.

Screwtape2 said:

Way too many 'meh' artists for my liking. As impossible as it seems, the line-ups for this might be worse than those for the LiveEarth concerts.

this lineup is waaaaaay better than the live earth, I was planning on flying to london and there wasn't one single artist that made me want to make the trip all the way over there eventhough there's some favorites of mine like damien rice and snowpatrol.

this one includes a lot of "big groups" not that most of them will perform anyway...and it's really odd that no new groups are being invited...

Axver said:
So, a stack of big artists have been "invited". Hell, even I could issue a press release saying that I'm going to host Axver's Rockin' Gig and I have extended official invitations requesting the participation of U2, Pink Floyd, The Police, Genesis, and The Rolling Stones.

When is the pre-sale?

coolian2 said:
When is the pre-sale?

3am tomorrow via Ticketbastard.ax.ver with tickets modestly priced between $1,000 and $5,000! 10% discount for any purchaser who can provide U2 setlist trivia that I do not already know! GET YOUR TICKETS NOW! :hyper:

This rumour has been around for some time. They are just throwing names around, hoping to really get some of these people to perform at their event, but to me it does not sound like something U2 would do, so I very much doubt it.

Axver said:

3am tomorrow via Ticketbastard.ax.ver with tickets modestly priced between $1,000 and $5,000! 10% discount for any purchaser who can provide U2 setlist trivia that I do not already know! GET YOUR TICKETS NOW! :hyper:

Your site doesn't have the Unchained Melody snippet before Even Better Than The Real Thing from Zoo TV Auckland.

I better be in the ellipse, farken!

coolian2 said:

Your site doesn't have the Unchained Melody snippet before Even Better Than The Real Thing from Zoo TV Auckland.

I better be in the ellipse, farken!

If that tidbit is indeed true, I'll give you a backstage pass.* :up:

*Backstage pass does not allow any access to Larry Mullen. All attempts to talk to Larry Mullen will result in the passholder being attacked by stampedes of midget elephants.

coolian2 said:
Yay!

That Auckland show just gets cooler and cooler. A strong case for a time machine methinks. :drool:

Even stronger Auckland cases for a time machine:

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show878.html
http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show884.html

The second one has Gloria, One Tree Hill, and God Part II all in the main set. Hell yeah! :drool:

coolian2 said:
The GA line forms on the back porch beside the recycling bins?

Correction: by the barbecue, so that everyone can partake in the free sausage sizzle.

People trying to enter without a valid ticket will be dumped in the recycling bin and sent to the recycling plant to be turned into plastic cups. :yes:

Axver said:

Even stronger Auckland cases for a time machine:

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show878.html
http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show884.html

The second one has Gloria, One Tree Hill, and God Part II all in the main set. Hell yeah! :drool:

Plus you could get me to crawl over broken glass for the final October -> New Year's Day performance.

Its just a shame its only the Lovetown Tour and not the brilliant Joshua Tree tour :wink:

Axver said:

Correction: by the barbecue, so that everyone can partake in the free sausage sizzle.

People trying to enter without a valid ticket will be dumped in the recycling bin and sent to the recycling plant to be turned into plastic cups. :yes:

That should sort out the hangers on

Back
Top Bottom