U2 To Perform In Opening Ceremony Of 2002 Winter Olympics!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atikicat

War Child
Just kidding...I think. Hey, it's not that far-fetched an idea really. They're already doing the Super Bowl halftime show in New Orleans on February 3rd. Why not just hang around a few more days for the opening of Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City on February 8th? They already used the 2000 Summer Olympics to debut/promote "Beautiful Day" by licensing it to Coca-Cola and various Olympic organizations. Their involvement in the 2002 Winter games wouldn't surprise me at all. No, I don't really expect it to happen, but if I were able to choose...I'd much rather see U2 perform in the opening ceremony of the Olympics than during the Super Bowl halftime. Wouldn't you?

lol.

I love the Winter Olympics! I wouldn't complain.
biggrin.gif

I was about to say...

DAMN IT! AFLAC TO YOU!
tongue.gif

LOL That made me look though! HA!

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I've read in a few places that the Winter Olympics are going to use Radiohead's I Might Be Wrong, so Radiohead would seem more likely. But I still think both are very unlikely to open the olympics, but it sure would be cool.

Originally posted by Like O2:
I admit it, you made me look.

and you made me reply!

------------------
HEY BABY, HEY BABY- HEY !(GWEN)

Proud to be an INFIDEL

Heh.

But when was the last time a band played at two humongous sporting events in a year's time? (Well, they didn't actually play *at* the NBA Finals, but...)

Back
Top Bottom