U2 to perform at the Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno.. maybe it was just for that shoot? I dont think he was wearing eyeliner at the inauguration. Lets see what happens at the grammys.

Well the thing Lila posted said he was wearing it at the Grammy rehearsal... if it's true :hmm: I wonder if anyone got any photos of them there tonight. *shouldadroveuptheretoday* haha

Bono, for the love of God, just look like a human being for once. You don't have to wear sunglasses 25 hours a day, and you don't have to wear 16 pounds of eyeliner. If he's doing it to enhance his frontman skillz, a racing stripe would do just as much good. If he thinks it makes him look cool, he's wrong.

I really love that - away with the shades and on with the show -

Always hated this hiding behind shades...

:wave:

Bono goes shades-less as U2 warm up for Grammy Awards performance

Canadian Press, February 07, 2009

Bono ditched his shades for some heavy eyeliner as U2 rehearsed on the eve of their performance at the 51st Grammy Awards.

The Irish band will open Sunday's show with a performance of its new single "Get On Your Boots." But after trying the song five times in rehearsal, Bono still wasn't happy with the sound. "Houston, we've got a problem," he said afterwards.

Wearing a black suit with a sparkling lapel and a T-shirt underneath, and with dark eye makeup in place of his trademark sunglasses, Bono began the song positioned behind the band on an elevated platform.

Behind the group, a video screen flashed alternately on lyrics and, during the chorus, a psychedelic swirl of colours.

U2 isn't nominated for any Grammy awards this year, but will release "No Line on the Horizon" on March 3.

Bono goes shades-less as U2 warm up for Grammy Awards performance | U2 news article from @U2

My friend just spent 45 minutes with Bono and Edge, they couldn't have been nicer. (Bono was drunk :lol: )
Anyways... I'll post the pics for her over in Pleba :wave:

They havent performed GOYB live yet, so I think this version will be messy :)

I don't think it'll dissappoint. The riff will sound even more brutal live. The only thing I'm worried about is the chorus, as it could sound quite weak with Edge singing and Bono occasionally dropping in for a few lines. I think they'll take care of that like "Beautiful day" and run some backing tape for the "you don't know..." part.

He is clearly wearing either shades or eyeliner 'cos he is looking old and looks even older when you see him without anything. i met him back in 2006 and was surprised at how old he looked around the eyes.

whatever though, he looks like a douche with the sunnies on all the time so eyeshadow is fine by me. its rather arty actually, i like it.

I don't think it'll dissappoint. The riff will sound even more brutal live. The only thing I'm worried about is the chorus, as it could sound quite weak with Edge singing and Bono occasionally dropping in for a few lines. I think they'll take care of that like "Beautiful day" and run some backing tape for the "you don't know..." part.

I wont be dissapointed, because the esrly live versions of new songs are often very intressting. The band try realy hard and think it is more fun to play it compare to when they have play it for the 100th time.

He is clearly wearing either shades or eyeliner 'cos he is looking old and looks even older when you see him without anything. i met him back in 2006 and was surprised at how old he looked around the eyes.

whatever though, he looks like a douche with the sunnies on all the time so eyeshadow is fine by me. its rather arty actually, i like it.

I met him back in 2006 and 2007 and thought he looked rather fine for a man his age.

Actually, in the chorus in one channel (can't remember now if it's right or left) you have the Edge's backing vocals (two harmony voices), and on the other you have Bono harmonising (he sounds really smooth but it's recognisably Bono). Then in the "You don't know part" the Bono backing vocal drops out.

So I imagine that's how they will do that live, Bono and Edge will harmonise on the first chorus, then for the second Bono will switch to "you don't know" and Edge will continue singing along with some prerecorded harmony voice.

I agree that it will be a bit like Beautiful day.

People seem more psyched about the WalMart clips than U2 performing their new single LIVE for the first time and kicking off a beautiful year!???!! :hmm:

13 hours to go :applaud: Can't wait!

New music always takes precedence. It's new music. From U2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom