U2 to perform at the Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The U2 performance gave me "POP" flashbacks... Bono struggling with an "okay" song. He seemed to try and over compensate and I couldn't help but think of the Vegas debacle. He even threw in his Miami walk which gave me pause... and the eye liner could be too Michael Stipe, in my opinion. If this track had no vocals, it would be stronger. The rhythm section runs with this one but the lyrics are sub-par. I'm just glad they're not trying to sell out football stadiums at the same time. The Staples Center always has horrid sound quality. Perhaps they should have passed on this appearance... it's hard to sell an upbeat, intimate four minutes with Clive Davis in the front row. As for the Fly visuals... it's not quite "dreaming it up all again." Popmart tried to parody the dna of ZooTV too much... I hope they have some tricks up their sleeves this go around... Streets needs redemption after it was flogged during the Vertigo Tour.

As for Coldplay: the most overrated band in history. I've only left one concert early in my life... Coldplay. Chris M. lectured the crowd on when to purchase "hotdogs" during the set. The most un rock n roll experience I ever had. Regret... regret...

Coldplay wins.

Is anyone else strangely bitter toward Brian Eno?

I can't help it...
:sad:

You've got to be kidding! U2 fans have no right to demand that U2 hog Eno. Coldplay made an excellent album with the help of Eno and are getting recognition for it. Get over it!

Brian is the only reason that VLV is a halfway decent album. The songwriting isn't very strong. The sonic landscapes, Brian's doing, are excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom