U2 to perform at the Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker but have to comment...I was lucky enough to be at the rehearsal last night...what an AMAZING night! but no Vertigo to be heard...just 5-6 rounds of STRONG, HARD, ROCKING GOYB with super cool graphics behind (wont say what as dont want to be a spoiler)...the band was in GREAT form and Bono was ON...no glasses as already mentioned and tons of black eyeliner (not sharpie)...there were only about 60 people in the entire venue (holds 16,000) and it sounded GREAT!!

That said, i have been to other U2 rehearsals where they didnt rehearse EVERYTHING, so it is entirely possible they may throw in Vertigo too, but highly unlikely...

Phew!! Thank YOU!!

This might of been already asked but ..anybody know at what point U2, Coldplay, or Radiohead will be performing? Thats all I care about and I wont have time to watch the entire show tonight :(

This might of been already asked but ..anybody know at what point U2, Coldplay, or Radiohead will be performing? Thats all I care about and I wont have time to watch the entire show tonight :(

U2 opens the show. No idea about the others. Apparently Radiohead is performing 15 Step with the USC marching band. Record the show if you can, because from what I've heard, that one you don't want to miss.

News from the Grammys | Music | Entertainment | Toronto Sun

BONO IN KABUKI: In case you were wondering how the Grammy Awards will open, now we know.

U2, whose new album No Line On The Horizon hits store March 3, will launch the three-and-a-half-hour show with their new single, Get On Your Boots, which features frontman Bono in full eye makeup and performing on a riser behind drummer Larry Mullen Jr.'s kit while bright images and song lyrics play behind him on a screen as he dances around in silhouette.

The old red, white and blue can be seen as the song opens with Bono intoning: "The future needs a big kiss."

After a few sketchy run-throughs - despite The Edge's consistently winning guitar playing - U2 finally hit their stride on the last attempt even though Bono remarked at the very end: "Houston we've got a problem."

Then inexplicably, Whitney Houston's I Wanna Dance With Somebody kicked in over the loud speakers.

A sense of humor always helps in these situations

Even if they do get it right I think there will be more comments about the eyeliner then anything else :)

I wonder if they'll make an appearance on the red carpet. Seeing as they're opening the show they'll need to be inside relatively early. Hopefully, they'll get there early enough to see them the E red carpet show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom