U2 to honor ABBA ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
Concerts in the honor of ABBA is planned to be held in the Globe, Stockholm this summer. ABBA has given their approval to this event. The promoter of the event has confirmed this and that both swedish artists and artists around the world has been invited to perform and among those are U2. The rights to broadcast the event on TV is under negotiations with TV companies around the world and the interest are big.

I, personally, really hope that U2 decides to perform. I don't find it to be too unbelievable either since they do admire ABBA and are not on tour themselves. Everyone who has the Dancing Zoo TV boot from 1992 knows what I'm talking about.
smile.gif

*crosses my fingers for U2 to visit beautiful Stockholm this summer to*
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Seems fairly likely to me.. could be hopeful wishing on my part though
wink.gif
I was a big ABBA fan for years before I became a U2 fan.
redface.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

I think it sounds great, although I don?t think every member in U2 are "Big ABBA-fans" as Aftonbladet wrote (I know Bono was in the ABBA-documentery) etc.
But I really would love if U2 came to Sweden again, especially since I love ABBA.

But I?m not sure U2 would do this, even if they would have the time. Can you imagine U2 and A-Teens at the same concert?
wink.gif

Originally posted by Blue Saint:
Can you imagine U2 and A-Teens at the same concert?
wink.gif

LOL At least they would get to know what good music sounds like. I mean, their comment on their last album was that it would be more personal and profound then their first. LMAO Do they know the meaning of profound?

Even if not all of U2 are ABBA fans, at least maybe Bono would show up. I hope...
smile.gif

I'm not surprised they would perform. I've heard U2 cover "Dancing Queen" with one of ABBA's members, so perhaps they'll play that one.

did you c that show a couple of years ago on A&E where they had an interview with Agnetha, the blond one? she has like agoraphobia, and that's why she quit ABBA, it was a really interesting show, since she's never done an interview before. She couldn't stand to be in a crowd ever again, and now lives on a remote island all alone in Sweden. You had to look at her for a minute to realize it was actually her, because her hair was grey and short. The other one married a Swiss count, she did an interview in it also, and lives in a huge castle like house in Switzerland, and has no interest in ever performing again either. With ABBA, you didn't know what you had until it was gone.

Sara, I really think it would be great! ABBA has so many good songs, they would be great performed by U2. I?ll keep my fingers crossed for you and all Scandinavian fans.
wink.gif

Originally posted by U2live:
did you c that show a couple of years ago on A&E where they had an interview with Agnetha, the blond one? she has like agoraphobia, and that's why she quit ABBA, it was a really interesting show, since she's never done an interview before. She couldn't stand to be in a crowd ever again, and now lives on a remote island all alone in Sweden. You had to look at her for a minute to realize it was actually her, because her hair was grey and short. The other one married a Swiss count, she did an interview in it also, and lives in a huge castle like house in Switzerland, and has no interest in ever performing again either. With ABBA, you didn't know what you had until it was gone.

Since you mentioned them performing again. It will NEVER happen.
frown.gif
Just a few month ago they were offered 10 billions(!!!) to perform but they turned it down.

I'm not sure about what you said is all true because all of them have made something seperatly in the musicbiz (Bj?rn and Benny we know are very busy) after the break up. Agnetha is sure living on an island but not a tiny one all alone.
smile.gif
It's a quite big one with lots of residents and she is about to record an album these days so we might see her on the stage again... A recent pic of Agnetha:
agnetha-25138-0.jpg

Anne-Frid Lyngstad has done a few albums too but I think most of them have been in swedish so I guess they have stayed within Sweden. A recent pic of her:
frida_03.jpg

Ok, enough about ABBA.
smile.gif
I'll let you know when more info comes about this. If it happens I think most of you will be able to see it on TV.

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Yeep, Frida married a prince from Switzerland, Prince Russo. He died a couple of years ago, and she has a very deep faith in God.

Yes, she does and what I found out more is that one of her albums was produced by Steve Lillywhite. How funny.
smile.gif

Here are some mroe bio of her, not updated the latest though. http://www.andersonrecords.se/frida/fridabio_eng.html

Yeep, Frida married a prince from Switzerland, Prince Russo. He died a couple of years ago, and she has a very deep faith in God.

Back
Top Bottom