U2 to do online chat.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
sort of...

From MSN: http://entertainment.msn.com
October 25, 2002

Ask U2!
Hear U2 answer your questions on Nov. 4th.

Join U2 in their only online event! To celebrate the release of their new album, The Best of 1990-2000 , in stores
November 4th, U2 will be answering questions from fans around the world in an exclusive MSN web event. So
ask U2 and get a little closer to the world's greatest band.

Submit your questions to U2 at uasku2@microsoft.com.

Everybody email them and ask about the new studio album!

great
I am going to ask whether they know why the chicken crossed the road?
especially since I am curious if Adam has anything to do with this

KhanadaRhodes said:

what did you ask?

i asked why they decided to include atyclb on the greatest hits.
if they do pick your question the answer will probably be that they did this because the songs they picked were released on single in the year 2000

I'm going to ask whether they agree that Marvin Gaye didn't rock enough

Salome said:
if they do pick your question the answer will probably be that they did this because the songs they picked were released on single in the year 2000
true, i should've elaborated (in the e-mail) that i was wondering why they split up the album like that. oh well.

if id ever get around to asking, id ask them

"hey guys, nice to see ya.

alright, whats up? workin on the music then? woaord."

My question (I copied and pasted the e-mail)

"Hey, I love the band, love everything you do, you are gods.

My question is: Which tracks left over from the All That You Can't Leave Behind (or previous) sessions are you considering using for the new album? We know Original of the Species, All Because of You, and Bulldozer are some, but what about others like Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own or Sun, Moon, and the Stars? If these are not going to be on the new album, will they be released as b-sides sometime in the future?"

Hopefully they'll tell us and it'll give us some more info for the new album. You may all thank me later. :wink:

I just heard about that...this is really cool.

I'm planning on asking how it is they pick what to put on these Best Of CDs, that way people may understand a little better why some songs are on there that some fans feel shouldn't be and why some songs aren't on there that some feel should be, that way it might lower some of the complaining on here. :).

Angela

I asked how they felt the new tunes matched up to their best albums.:yes:

Heres hoping for some juicy album tidbits!:drool: :drool: :drool:

Here is what I asked:

Dear, U2

The past two years saw Bono in a very active political role, as well as saw Bono losing people in his life. I was wondering if world events from the past 2 years (2001-2002), or personal events in Bono's own life became inspiration for the songs you are working on for the new album. If so, could tradgedy and the triumph the theme of U2's next album?

and as you noticed I have a typo in my question.

DAMMIT.

they're all going to laugh at me. oh why oh why haven't time machines been built yet. if only i could go back to 2 minutes ago.

My question

I asked if it was their idea or Anton's for the caribou/elk/deer thingy (and that is how I put it :lol: ) in the ES video and what it represents.

I sent a second one asking about their pet situations, just cuz I'm curious :wink:

This is my question:

Hello from Puerto Rico:

Will the next album be influenced by your punk origins? I would really love to hear that raw sound of the early albums mixed with the musical and lyrical maturity you have reached now...That would be really interesting. And Edge, I would love to have that beautiful '76 Gibson Explorer you have! Crank those AC30s, bro, and teach the kids how to play guitar with soul! Rock on, guys.

Maybe, just maybe, he'll send that Explorer to me...:yes:

Out of the 10-12 questions they ask the band, 2 will be original.

I personally like the funny answers they give if the question warrants it- all the serious questions about the music they ask the band, I find have already been asked in other interviews or common knowledge. Same with the politic questions- usually the same ol'.

I asked Larry if I could have a second stick, because the one he gave me is lonely by itself.

I'd LIKE to ask, "how on earth did you ever get Larry to star in the ES video?!"

But I know it's dumb and they probably wouldn't answer it.

I am curious, though. Especially after reading "Until the End of the World", I realized even more how Larry is a no-nonsense sort of guy who likes to stay out of the limelight.

:shrug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom