U2 Tipped for Global Warming Gig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sunny8

The Fly
U2 are likely to play this summer during "SOS" a day of concerts around the world aimed at increasing awareness of global warming.

If interested to read the full story go to
http://www.atu2.com/

Lets hope its true.

Sunny8

can someone ask him how the first 3 ice ages ended...."global warming"...nothing like those 30 year catastropic cycles on a planet that has been around for millions of years. Its like saying your entire life is going to suck based on the 2 seconds you cried in second grade.

Im sure bono is going to give up the private plane next tour as well, or maybe they will pedal it so its doesnt spew exhaust into the air

redhotswami said:
omg! i hope U2 performs at the concert in DC!!! :hyper:

That would be insanely cool. :combust: They'll probalby play London though if the rumor's true at all. :sad:

i dont know if this is a good idea. the leading cause of global warming = Edge on fire

malcolmbeaton said:
can someone ask him how the first 3 ice ages ended...."global warming"...nothing like those 30 year catastropic cycles on a planet that has been around for millions of years. Its like saying your entire life is going to suck based on the 2 seconds you cried in second grade.

Im sure bono is going to give up the private plane next tour as well, or maybe they will pedal it so its doesnt spew exhaust into the air

don't you believe in global warming? if so I don't either. Well I do..but not because of carbon emissions.

yeah there's definitely a good chance of these gigs in the same style as Live 8. I think I heard Richard Branson talking about it on Sky News earlier today. How successful they'd be I don't know though...

There's a possibility U2 would play in the US! considering the UK is already committed to tackling climate change they wouldn't need much weight over here. Bush is the one who refuses to believe in the theory.

malcolmbeaton said:

Yay, sense! I can't wait to see the new, pondered-upon interpretation of One that Bono comes up wiith for this event...:madspit:

Why the fuck do the anti "Global Warming Theory" people get so bent out of shape over this kind of stuff for? Even if it's not true, the measures to "prevent" it would still be a blessing to the environment.

Lancemc said:
Why the fuck do the anti "Global Warming Theory" people get so bent out of shape over this kind of stuff for? Even if it's not true, the measures to "prevent" it would still be a blessing to the environment.

Yup. Every year, as new data arrives, their position looks increasingly untenable. I remember back during the '92 American presidential election, and George Bush Sr. ridiculed Al Gore, calling him "the Ozone man." Now, 15 years later, the changing global climate has so drastically changed the American political climate, that George Bush Jr. is forced to say "America is addicted to oil" during speeches.

There's still a long way to go, though. I can't wait until the Clintons are back in the White House so the world can get some real change.

Last edited:
I actually am skeptical for the same reason atu2 seem optimistic:

atu2.com[/i] [B]the fact that this event is being organized by former Vice President Al Gore gives both the event and U2's appearance more credibility.[/B][/QUOTE] I actually think that makes it [i]less[/i] likely for U2 to appear said:

Exactly!

And frankly, I'm tired of the anti-global warming people. We've got a scientific consensus here, people, and those aren't exactly commonplace. Now, who am I going to trust, an overwhelming majority of scientists expert in this field, or some random people on messageboards who cite a few fringe scientists who just happen to be employed by organisations with a lot to lose if measures are taken to stop global warming?

Hehe... the article says:

"The series of co-ordinated concerts in seven cities - London, Washington DC, Shanghai, Rio de Janeiro, Cape Town and Kyoto - is expected to be announced today by the former American vice-president Al Gore, who is now a figurehead of the campaign against climate change."

...is it just me, or did I forget how to count?

:scratch:

Course there's the irony that U2 play mega concerts, that require shitloads of electricity... Wonder if the Glastonbury windmill is free for hire? :hmm:

Chizip said:
i dont know if this is a good idea. the leading cause of global warming = Edge on fire

4.gif

while I :heart: the idea of U2 doing this.. I highly doubt it will happen. More like when pigs fly will this actually happen.:huh:

:hmm: Wonder if my cousin has heard about this. She works for Greenpeace, with the concerts aim to increase awareness of global warming they might of heard something about this.

It will be great if U2 play any of the shows really. No matter which one they went for. :drool:

Last edited:
LyricalDrug said:

Yup. Every year, as new data arrives, their position looks increasingly untenable. I remember back during the '92 American presidential election, and George Bush Sr. ridiculed Al Gore, calling him "the Ozone man." Now, 15 years later, the changing global climate has so drastically changed the American political climate, that George Bush Jr. is forced to say "America is addicted to oil" during speeches.

There's still a long way to go, though. I can't wait until the Clintons are back in the White House so the world can get some real change.
:up: Amen to that.

Ah yes, the hilarious hypocrisy of a bunch of wealthy rockstars travelling the globe using the most fuel inefficient, polluting mode mode of transport known to humanity while lecturing the rest of us on conserving energy.

Have they no shame?

Seemingly not.

Overall, it's another nail in the coffin of Paul Hewson's reputation -the man is an utter hypocrite.

Last edited:
financeguy said:
Ah yes, the hilarious hypocrisy of a bunch of wealthy rockstars travelling the globe using the most fuel inefficient, polluting mode mode of transport known to humanity while lecturing the rest of us on conserving energy.

Have they no shame?

Seemingly not.

Overall, it's another nail in the coffin of Paul Hewson's reputation -the man is an utter hypocrite.

:| :huh:

Back
Top Bottom