U2 things that you like but everyone else hates.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Loving the later stuff

elevation rocks, and also has GREAT lyrics (people just dont understand them! :wink: )

NOT liking/loving where the streets have no name :huh:

Thinking the band looked horrendous for most of the eighties and cannot help but laugh at pictures with adam with huge woman glasses and crap hair and the edge :huh:

LOVING Miss Sarejevo

DISLIKE 11 oclock tick tock

LOVE Electical Storm (williams orbit mix) will die trying to see that live! :)

hmmm thats it for now! :)

I like most things about U2, almost everything. But somehow I dont like the fact that their best efforts were done some 15 years ago. "I think" Half of ATYCLB and Half of HTDAAB has some of the best U2 songs ever written.

Some Days Are Better Than Others
Love Rescue Me
A Man And A Woman
So Cruel
Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE The Wanderer. Worse U2 song ever

And The Joshua Tree blows Achtung Baby clear out of the water and then kicks its ass back into it and drowns it then feeds its dead carcus to the sharks

Snowlock said:

And The Joshua Tree blows Achtung Baby clear out of the water and then kicks its ass back into it and drowns it then feeds its dead carcus to the sharks

:shame:

Them's fightin words!

I like, or at least have appreciation for everything the boys have done. Lately, my most played album has been Zooropa. I love their new album, and I do like A Man and A Woman. Most of all, I appreciate how honest they are in everything they do, even when it pisses some people off.

"Rattle And Hum." Some people think it is a disaster, I think it's a masterpiece that's up there with "The Joshua Tree" and "Achtung Baby."

The Muscle Shirt--C'mon people it was a COSTUME. A COSTUME!!!111

Miami (though it seems like there are actually a lot of like-minded people when it comes to this song)

Wild Honey-a classic of pure pop :reject:

A Man and a Woman

LOVE LOVE LOVE...

Zooropa (and everything do to with it! )
POP and POPMART (its such a strong album and the tour changed my life)
HTDAAB
Bono's AIDS work. You GO Boy!

CAN'T STAND...

Stuck in a moment & WGRYWH
OMG! I'd rather bono just read the lyrics of those songs to us. SO I guess it's the melodies I can't get into. lol :)

However U2's worse work could be some bands best. hehe.
:ohmy:

Lemonfix said:
The Muscle Shirt--C'mon people it was a COSTUME. A COSTUME!!!111

Yes! It (and the psycho-cowboy and the orange jumpsuit and mask etc) were costumes.

I can't understand why people would think that it would be a good idea for U2 to step on stage in front of the worlds largest screen, pumping non-stop ultra bright images, and wear their usual black/dark rock star gear. They needed to stand out and apart from all of the other distractions. They either had to dress equally bright and catchy, or go naked.

AND it was Popmart, featuring loads of pop art, anime etc. Just as The Fly character looked like he was going to leap up and scale that futuristic Blade Runner Zoo TV set at any second, the bands dress during Popmart made them look like not like a normal gloom and doom 1997 band, but one that had fallen straight out of the images on screen. Out of a comic book. An animated super-band of the future.

LOVE

JOSHUA TREE, more than every other U2 work
The Playboy Mansion, Yahweh, Indian Summer Sky (underrated songs IMO)

HATE

Stuck in a moment, Lemon, Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car, All Because of you

The American Stuck In a Moment video...at the football game with John Madden.

No wait, it's rubbish.

No mention of Ground Beneath Her Feet or the Million Dollar Hotel? Great song, soundtrack is ok (except for anytime Milla Jovovanovivichichaahahcc sings), and the movie? The wife likes it...I well, yeah...

Last edited:
After reading some of the negative stuff written about HTDAAB on this forum, I'll think I'll add that album to my list too.

HTDAAB is a good album IMO, and I, for one, like it.

hedgehog said:
After reading some of the negative stuff written about HTDAAB on this forum, I'll think I'll add that album to my list too.

HTDAAB is a good album IMO, and I, for one, like it.

Yep I guess it needs to be added as well.

I heart:

Pop and Popmart

Discotheque and everything to do with discotheque including the Edges mirrored Les Paul in the video and his gay facial hair and, of course; the Boom Chas.

MMMMOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOO which could just about kick any other song in the U2 catalogue in the arse. And every other song in the world; i think.

Zooropa. People should be given this album as part of their education in school.

October. Its good; and if you say its bad I punch you.

War. White flags; wee speeches. if I had a band, we'd act like that.

I do not heart:

Parts of Rattle and Hum. U2 are not a country band. Loose the leather waistcoats boys.

The fact that America gets toured like seventeen thousand times more than anywhere else. Its just not fair.

The fact that post-Pop U2 have forgotten about their cool Zooropa-Pop days; and stayed with the MOR crowd. Bit of a let down.

"Seconds" is awesome :yes: :up:.

cmb737 said:
The American Stuck In a Moment video...at the football game with John Madden.

No wait, it's rubbish.

I actually like that video :reject:. Why is it so hated?

Originally posted by cmb737
No mention of Ground Beneath Her Feet or the Million Dollar Hotel? Great song, soundtrack is ok (except for anytime Milla Jovovanovivichichaahahcc sings), and the movie? The wife likes it...I well, yeah...

"Ground Beneath Her Feet" is a great song. And I like the movie, too. It's really weird and takes a few viewings to really understand everything that's happening, but once you get it, it's an interesting movie. Certainly original.

Angela

You're not gonna like this... I actually LIKE some of the remixes on the best of 1990-2000 B-sides.

I also really like the October album. In fact, I think...I think... I might actually prefer it to the...the...I might actually prefer it to the joshua tree. There I said it! <runs>

Back
Top Bottom